Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

107 in Maryland

WJK

Reaction score
I just passed 107, waiting for temp (this week) and permanent license. I have been flying RC for over 15 years. Flew private until it got too expensive. Really wanting to fly FPV legally. Does not look good at the moment. I have a lot of planes, helicopters, and drones in my stockpile. Want to connect and share with like-minded individuals. I hope that this is the place.

I build and fly quadcopters, hexacopters, octocopters, 55cc planes, 450,500,550&800 sized Trex Helicopters. I build and have a nice machine area to create pieces. DJI Mavic Pro, Homebuilt with DJI Naza M, PixHawk, Seriously DoDo and many other flight control boards. I teach building and flying.

Last edited:
Is it just me? or is it a two month rip off from the FAA? I passed the 107 on Feb 3, I have not received the plastic card yet. I finally go the permanent cert # off of the FAA website. It seems that you need the perm Cert # to apply for waivers, so why does the 24month period start a month or two before you can even use the privilege?

I guess that there are bigger problems in the world, but it is a damper getting started.

Ive been studying to take the 107 test. Do you guys have any pointers for me? What areas should i really focus on? Thanks

I would suggest getting the $20 drone course from Sporties Pilot Shot. That has everything. Just about everything on the test is covered in that course. They also offer a software package that allows you to take multiple tests until you are ready. The $20 book includes 5 on-line tests.

Ive been studying to take the 107 test. Do you guys have any pointers for me? What areas should i really focus on? Thanks

Check out Gold Seal UAV Ground School. They don't just teach you how to pass the test but they teach you the Subject Matter so you are able to apply what you've learned to be able to operate SAFELY in the NAS. They give you so many extras that it pays to work with them.

Pass Your Part 107 Exam
Or We'll Pay For It
Taught by FAA Certificated Flight Instructors

Practice with actual FAA questions and examples

Lifetime Access
100% Pass Guarantee

Reactions: Russ Still
Is it just me? or is it a two month rip off from the FAA? I passed the 107 on Feb 3, I have not received the plastic card yet. I finally go the permanent cert # off of the FAA website. It seems that you need the perm Cert # to apply for waivers, so why does the 24month period start a month or two before you can even use the privilege?

I guess that there are bigger problems in the world, but it is a damper getting started.

Go log into you IACRA account. It will show you the certificate number.

I said that I got the perm cert # from the website. Maybe in the next day or two I will get plastic. At least now I can submit requests.

It seems that you need the perm Cert # to apply for waivers, so why does the 24month period start a month or two before you can even use the privilege?

You can still apply for waivers and authorizations even without the certification number by simply putting "Pending" in the Airman Certificate number field.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_...ers/media/waiver_application_instructions.pdf

I got my wide area airspace authorization for Washington, Dulles Class B in just one week by doing exactly that. Still waiting on my § 107.29 – Daylight Operations waiver to get approved though.

Welcome to the forum, I'm new here as well. I operate mostly in Northern Virginia, not sure if you're on Facebook or not, but if so there is a pretty active group on there of local DC/VA/MD drone folks. It's mostly recreational and FPV fliers but several 107's on board as well - DMV DRONERS (DC-MD-VA)

Last edited:
I got my wide area airspace authorization for Washington, Dulles Class B in just one week by doing exactly that. Still waiting on my § 107.29 – Daylight Operations waiver to get approved though.

Thank you for the info. I will be flying mostly in Maryland. Is there a chance that I can see (for modification) what you submitted for airspace authorization. By private e-mail, of course. I will check out the facebook page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter