Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

14 CFR Part 107 or Advisory Circular 107-2?

RickMC

Reaction score
Last edited:
Basically (and this is Allen's interpretation so take it for what you paid for this)

AC was the announcement that CFR 107 is going to go into effect.

Whereas Title 14Chapter ISubchapter F → Part 107 was actually codified into LAW in Sept 2016. I believe that the AC becomes null and void once the article is codified. FAR over rule AC (at least in this case).

Basically (and this is Allen's interpretation so take it for what you paid for this)

AC was the announcement that CFR 107 is going to go into effect.

Whereas Title 14Chapter ISubchapter F → Part 107 was actually codified into LAW in Sept 2016. I believe that the AC becomes null and void once the article is codified. FAR over rule AC (at least in this case).
Ok thanks, but looking over the document the FAA released this last June about recurrent testing it shows the AC as a reference for topics that will be on the test. But if it’s overruled then I guess there’s no point in studying it?

The AC is a "digested" version of the full write up. I find it much easier to "study" with better written materials than the boring legal type of the AC or the FARs. That's just my 2 cents.

The AC is a "digested" version of the full write up. I find it much easier to "study" with better written materials than the boring legal type of the AC or the FARs. That's just my 2 cents.
Full write up? The AC is over 50 pages and the actual Part 107 on the CFR site isn’t near that number of pages. Am I reading the wrong thing?

Full write up? The AC is over 50 pages and the actual Part 107 on the CFR site isn’t near that number of pages. Am I reading the wrong thing?

You're looking at the ECFR not that actual CFR's. This is taken directly from the website you linked to above:

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of September 24, 2018
USER NOTICE
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a currently updated version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). It is not an official legal edition of the CFR. The e-CFR is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office. The OFR updates the material in the e-CFR on a daily basis. The current update status appears at the top of all e-CFR web pages More.

Reactions: R Martin
You're looking at the ECFR not that actual CFR's. This is taken directly from the website you linked to above:

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
e-CFR data is current as of September 24, 2018
USER NOTICE
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a currently updated version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). It is not an official legal edition of the CFR. The e-CFR is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office. The OFR updates the material in the e-CFR on a daily basis. The current update status appears at the top of all e-CFR web pages More.
Thanks. I probably should have known the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905