Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

About those mysterious drones flying over several states

RickMC

Reaction score
I’m sure everyone has heard about the mysterious drone sighting across Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas. I wish the people flying these drones would just come forward. This isn’t really helping the reputation of the drone industry. Anything that makes people even more suspicious about drones isn’t a good thing. Now people are gonna freak out over the smallest drone sighting.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
I’m sure everyone has heard about the mysterious drone sighting across Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas. I wish the people flying these drones would just come forward. This isn’t really helping the reputation of the drone industry. Anything that makes people even more suspicious about drones isn’t a good thing. Now people are gonna freak out over the smallest drone sighting.
If they are indeed.... drones.....
cow ufo.gif

Reactions: berniemac and PatR
I watched a Youtube video by Geeksvana today on this very subject. A string theory was some military anti drone tech testing.

It’s worth a watch. He is a UK based blogger with some good drone content.

Local drone dealer says lights spotted over Castle Rock were satellites
CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- A Centennial-based drone dealer says it knows what's behind all the mystery lights hovering over Castle Rock in recent days, and they aren't drones.

Multicopter Warehouse says the lights are the Starlink satellites launched into space by SpaceX.

So far, 182 of the mini-satellites have been launched aboard rockets, part of a plan to provide broadband internet service around the globe.......................

HERE is a link to the whole article and video

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
It appears they have been launched with FAA blessings
FCC approves SpaceX’s plan to launch more than 7,000 internet-beaming satellites
The company now has permission to launch its full 12,000-satellite constellation
By Loren Grush@lorengrush Nov 15, 2018, 1:51pm EST

The Federal Communications Commission has approved SpaceX’s request to launch a constellation of 7,518 satellites into orbit, a major regulatory hurdle the company needed to clear in its plans to provide internet coverage from space. The approval is in addition to one that SpaceX received from the FCC in March for a constellation of 4,425 satellites. That means the company now has permission to launch its full satellite internet constellation called Starlink, which adds up to nearly 12,000 spacecraft.

Link to rest of article HERE

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
Another article about the mysterious drones - this one from Vice
Mass Panic: It’s Not Clear That Colorado’s Mystery Drones Even Exist
Drone hobbyists say the media and the FAA regularly uses drone panic to enact strict regulations.

HERE is the link to full story.

How anyone can buy into the satellite theory is beyond comprehension. Seeing a bunch of satellites the size of a bread box orbiting several hundred miles above the earth, while also observing their coordinated movement, implies having better vision than a Peregrine Falcon.

I’d believe the false flag theory before the satellite version. At least one of the two has precedence.

How anyone can buy into the satellite theory is beyond comprehension. Seeing a bunch of satellites the size of a bread box orbiting several hundred miles above the earth, while also observing their coordinated movement, implies having better vision than a Peregrine Falcon.

I’d believe the false flag theory before the satellite version. At least one of the two has precedence.

Space X’s Starlink train is easy to spot with the naked eye- see for yourself, they are bright enough for most to see and they pass in a unusual way. Use this link to see when to watch them pass by. Just update your position on the website to get the correct date, time and bearings to watch for them from your location:

Last edited:
Space X’s Starlink train is easy to spot with the naked eye- see for yourself, they are bright enough for most to see and they pass in a unusual way. Use this link to see when to watch them pass by. Just update your position on the website to get the correct date, time and bearings to watch for them from your location:

I haven’t tried to spot them yet....assume it’s like catching Iridium Flares?

I wish the people flying these drones would just come forward.

The presumption is that the operators are in violation of the law. It is entirely possible they are acting in accordance with FAA regulations. It is not incumbent upon a duly authorized operator, acting in accordance with regulations, to publicly proclaim his right to do so. When you fly your Part 107 mission with a night-time waiver, how and where do you advertise it?

I'm still waiting on that 737 that passed over my house last Tuesday night to send me a copy of his authorization. It was very mysterious.

Let's talk about chemtrails.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PatR and Chuckinay
Apparently the masses were fooled again. A lot of hype and once again, no drones. When will they learn? :rolleyes:

The media should instead do a segment on Autokinetic illusion.

Last edited:
Apparently the masses were fooled again. A lot of hype and once again, no drones. When will they learn? :rolleyes:

The media should instead do a segment on Autokinetic illusion.

While I do think it was blown out of proportion I do NOT think the comment "no drones" is accurate Dave. I think the correct term should be "Misidentified" aircraft (technically UFOs):

Of the 23 reports between January 6 and January 13 when the investigation was underway, 13 were determined to be “planets, stars, or small hobbyist drones.” Six were commercial aircraft, and four remain unconfirmed. None of the 90 reports from November 23 onward were confirmed instances of illegal drone activity.

It's all a bunch of hogwash designed to create stories and hysteria.

This pretty much sums it up. You also have to listen to the narrative so turn on the sound:

Reactions: BigAl07
This pretty much sums it up. You also have to listen to the narrative so turn on the sound:

That absolutely could lead to lots of "Drone Sightings". Imagine if that had happened 15 years ago the UFO sightings . . . .

Reactions: AMann

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905