Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

AG Drone business competitors

BellevueV

Reaction score
Reading through my weekly Iowa Farm Bureau paper I noticed some adverts and corresponding articles related to AG imaging - and that - some BIG AG businesses - - this can't be good news for a part of the Drone market that is trying to offer products as well. So I looked online and found some links of interest - below.

Granular Signs Agreement with Planet to Deliver Satellite Imagery

AgReliant Genetics, The Climate Corp. Collaborate on Data Integration Across Platforms | PrecisionAg

Data-driven agricultural decisions and insights to maximize every acre

Come out to California where you will be a big fish in a small pond. That is if you can convince the PCA and the farmer to hire you. :)

This is the challenge in this state for doing Agi services.

I don't understand enough about satellite imagery, but maybe someone else can answer. From what I have read it seems that with a drone equipped with a NDVI sensor the drone imagery would give you greater insight into the health of your crop. Granted, it's not economically feasible to hire someone or fly your own fields daily but I'm not sure about actionable data from the satellite image. My opinion, maybe way out in left field, is that the drone operator who wishes to get into the small grain ag arena will probably have more opportunity creating relationships with the local seed, fertilizer and chemical providers as a value added service to their offerings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91