Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Ahhh change is good.

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Looks like I will be the primary contract pilot for mapping for a construction mapping company, which won a huge contract with one of the largest, possible the largest, housing construction company in the US.

I did a pilot test a few days ago and passed flying their P4P RTK with Base Station.

This will just complement and hardened my skill set in understanding more about GIS.

This also means I will should be gaining more work as each new development opens up across California and potentially Nationwide.

:)

Looks like I will be the primary contract pilot for mapping for a construction mapping company, which won a huge contract with one of the largest, possible the largest, housing construction company in the US.

I did a pilot test a few days ago and passed flying their P4P RTK with Base Station.

This will just complement and hardened my skill set in understanding more about GIS.

This also means I will should be gaining more work as each new development opens up across California and potentially Nationwide.

Congratulations

Congrats!

What did you think of the P4 RTK? We have been test flying it with and without the base station and also with and without ground control points (we use aero points). So far we have had very good luck connected to an NTRIP network. We have some surveyor clients coming to FL next month with their TOPCON system to really compare accuracy, but overall the results have been pretty good. The firmware issues have still been a little on the buggy side.

Good luck on the big mapping contract!

Congrats!

What did you think of the P4 RTK? We have been test flying it with and without the base station and also with and without ground control points (we use aero points). So far we have had very good luck connected to an NTRIP network. We have some surveyor clients coming to FL next month with their TOPCON system to really compare accuracy, but overall the results have been pretty good. The firmware issues have still been a little on the buggy side.

Good luck on the big mapping contract!

Thanks FDS.

I haven't had the change to look at the data as the company's GIS expert has been working with it. As I move along with different jobs I should get a better look at the results from the base station. Also don't be shy if you need my help here in the west coast. ;)

Thanks FDS.

I haven't had the change to look at the data as the company's GIS expert has been working with it. As I move along with different jobs I should get a better look at the results from the base station. Also don't be shy if you need my help here in the west coast. ;)
Roger that. We are going to post more results about the P4 RTK soon and when we have another surveyor come down with their equipment we are going to do a number of very specific tests. NTRIP seems to have a lot of potential - but DJI really needs to get NTRIP to connect to the base station instead of in the remote for a connection to the aircraft. I think that will definitely bring up the reliable accuracy levels. We will definitely stay in touch!

Reactions: Outta Control
Roger that. We are going to post more results about the P4 RTK soon and when we have another surveyor come down with their equipment we are going to do a number of very specific tests. NTRIP seems to have a lot of potential - but DJI really needs to get NTRIP to connect to the base station instead of in the remote for a connection to the aircraft. I think that will definitely bring up the reliable accuracy levels. We will definitely stay in touch!

I have not played with NTRIP yet but I feel that as we progress through this there will be more focus to tighten the values that they currently getting from the RTK/Base.

We are a surveying/mapping company and would be very interested in your results with the RTK 4P. We have not upgraded from the 4P because of our many years with static and RTK GPS issues and suggestions we wait to see if it is really worth it.
Thanks in advance

We are a surveying/mapping company and would be very interested in your results with the RTK 4P. We have not upgraded from the 4P because of our many years with static and RTK GPS issues and suggestions we wait to see if it is really worth it.
Thanks in advance
This is really an interesting product. Surveyors understand the connections and external networks it can connect to - and essentially make the drone a flying rover. Drone operators have experienced some frustration with the product because it really requires someone to cross the line from simply being a pilot flying an aircraft to learning and understanding some of the principals of RTK, PPK, NTRIP, GCPs, Base Stations, Rovers, etc. But...when you can get all of the pieces put together this really is a way to get some great accuracy from an aerial platform. We have had to deal with a handful of connection, firmware and general bugs that are experienced with all new aircraft from DJI, but in the past couple weeks we have gotten one dialed in pretty good. We are happy to share and help anyone who is considering or already has purchased this unit.

I agree with FDS. This is my first dance with the P4P-RTK w/ the DJI Base Station but putting that aside I had to learn all what FDS stated about educating one's self into GIS.

Just for giggles, on my interview (which was 3 hours long) I had to explain and expand my knowledge into GIS, which was limited, but still had the basics and principles down.

*phew*

There is so much to learn in GIS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter