Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Air Data

R.Perry

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have done a data dump of just once flight. That software is recording every 100 milliseconds, 15 min 49 second flight, over 9000 lines of data. Not only that way more data than most of us would be interested in. However I did like the way they recorded battery voltages, discharge rate, and temperature. Anyways for those of you that like looking had thousands of numbers, go for it.

Reactions: clolsonus
Is there a way to get a data log from a DJI drone? I'd be interested in seeing what's available.

Could be worse. Try recording all the data from every 14-20 flight at 20Hz, covering over 200 data subjects. Telemetry reviews take a looong time.

One thing about it, if something on the drone goes south, that data should tell the story every 100 milliseconds. I just want to track my flight time.

Reactions: PatR
I just plugged in my DJI phantom 4 pro v2 and installed the DJI assistant 2 software. I'm able to offload a big .DAT file, but the built in flight data viewer doesn't seem to see anything in the file. I'd love to convert the .dat file to .csv so I could plot/experiment with the data myself. When I google around, I see mention that the log files are encrypted in the latest versions of the firmware? Does that mean I'm out of luck? It doesn't seem like DJI's own software (that it makes public anyway) can even read the files now. Am I out of luck? I was hoping to look through the logs from my +5F flights to see if I could gain any insight into what was failing or causing trouble.

Thanks,

Curt.

I just plugged in my DJI phantom 4 pro v2 and installed the DJI assistant 2 software. I'm able to offload a big .DAT file, but the built in flight data viewer doesn't seem to see anything in the file. I'd love to convert the .dat file to .csv so I could plot/experiment with the data myself. When I google around, I see mention that the log files are encrypted in the latest versions of the firmware? Does that mean I'm out of luck? It doesn't seem like DJI's own software (that it makes public anyway) can even read the files now. Am I out of luck? I was hoping to look through the logs from my +5F flights to see if I could gain any insight into what was failing or causing trouble.

Thanks,

Curt.

Do you have the AirData software, it will allow you to upload 100 flights without paying for it. The only problems I have had is uploading Litchi flights but it uploads DJI, and Drone Deploy just fine. When you dump the data it puts it into and Excel format. Airdata will give you a token number that you must enter to upload the flight data.

Do you have the AirData software, it will allow you to upload 100 flights without paying for it. The only problems I have had is uploading Litchi flights but it uploads DJI, and Drone Deploy just fine. When you dump the data it puts it into and Excel format. Airdata will give you a token number that you must enter to upload the flight data.

I guess I'm confused then. I don't know what Air Data software you are referring to? I see that matches the title of your post ... I was reading that as something more generic. If I fly with pix4d capture as my mission planning software, am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Curt.

No, download the Airdata app, it will upload the flight data from each app. It keeps track of your battery usage, flight time, altitudes, and a host of other basically useless data. It is a good App and will give you more information about your flights than you will ever need. If you have any problems, PM me and I'll see if I can walk you through it.

Thanks,

Curt.
@sar104 is the person to ask. He regularly analyses .dat files and posts the results in graphic format. Try asking him over on the Mavic Pilots forum.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker