Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Airspace Authorization approve

Recoveryone

Reaction score
Finally received my city wide approval from FAA, good until 2022. Still waiting to see if our local P.D. will let me fly under their COA

You should not have a problem with local PD with the airspace authorization you have. If you are going to be prevented from flying, local regulations could stop you form taking off and landing in parks and city community centers. Congrats on the Authorization. I'm surprised though in most Cases Class D airspace can be flown in by getting Auto LAANC Authorization. Unless of course your city is in a '0' altitude zone or does not have Auto LAANC.

Reactions: Recoveryone
You should not have a problem with local PD with the airspace authorization you have. If you are going to be prevented from flying, local regulations could stop you form taking off and landing in parks and city community centers. Congrats on the Authorization. I'm surprised though in most Cases Class D airspace can be flown in by getting Auto LAANC Authorization. Unless of course your city is in a '0' altitude zone or does not have Auto LAANC.
I work for my city, as a Construction Inspector, so this was just to cover all my bases. We don't have LAANC for our local airport, so this is the next best thing I could do, I submit the info via the Dji unlock.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
I work for my city, as a Construction Inspector, so this was just to cover all my bases. We don't have LAANC for our local airport, so this is the next best thing I could do, I submit the info via the Dji unlock.
I was going to ask if you were officially on the payroll. I have been working with a local Municipality in my area to join their Group. Chief was all on board, but the COA specifically states must be "Sworn In" First Responder for the Town. Local bylaws require you to have attended the FF Academy. They don't have any type of AUX program for volunteers.

I was going to ask if you were officially on the payroll. I have been working with a local Municipality in my area to join their Group. Chief was all on board, but the COA specifically states must be "Sworn In" First Responder for the Town. Local bylaws require you to have attended the FF Academy. They don't have any type of AUX program for volunteers.
Yes, I am a full time employee, and I thought about that possibility of needing to be sworn, but our fire department is also under that same COA (I know for sure that none of the FD staff has their Part 107, and I think their is only 1 or 2 sworn staff on the PD if that has Part 107) so I bring more training and have my own COA in case they say no. The main reason I wanted to be under their COA is for the liability.

Reactions: TreeLineView

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC