Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone Used A Parrot Sequoia?

consultant

Reaction score
Testing a Parrot Sequoia and the RGB photos are terrible. It's not a drone speed issue as I tried even on the lowest speed setting in Pix4D Capture. When you have motion blur issues it's consistent throughout the image. This is the strangest thing I've ever seen in that it has what looks like bands of blurriness as some bands of areas like more detailed than others. Trying to determine if I have a bad RGB camera sensor. The other camera the images are consistent detail throughout the frame.

This is 4 inch/pixel GSD (135 feet AGL)

I know 4 in/pixel is not very high resolution but the images look very abnormal. Again, this is flying at slowest speed setting. There was absolutely no difference in the image between the fastest and slowest setting.

Well, I don't see it as bad compared to the ones I usually get. It's something I have pending but from what I looked at in the Parrot forums, it must be something generalized. I repeat, I have to investigate more, but come on, the roads seem flan moving, terrible. You are not the only one ?

The only way to have a good quality orthomosaic with the Sequoia is to use this one on a Parrot BlueGrass Fields with the ParrotField flight application: the cameras used then are multispectral with global shutters (with re-colorization via Pix4DFields).
Apart from this case (Sequoia on Parrot drone, with any application even Pix4DCapture...), it is the RGB camera that is used with, unfortunately, vagaries ...

Well, RGB of the SQ is not that good of the camera anyway. 16 MP might sound impressive but when we consider its tiny lens, sensor size and a fact that this is a rollong shutter camera one cannot expect miracles, i believe.
Its purpose is nothing but just to produce RGB output for reference purposes to the narrow band sensors.
Having said so I have had acceptable results from fying SQ on ebee and h520 anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM