Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

ArduPilot

Photopro

Reaction score
Hi Drone Pilot community,

Reaching out for any information on Ardupilot autopilot system? What is it exactly, benefits of it, important things to know?
Any information would be of help.

Thank you

-Photopro

See this link to ArduPilot.org. And this link to diydrones. And this link to mRobotics for hardware.
Probably the leading "open source" autopilot software, although there are others. A version was provided in the 3D Robotics SOLO system. This is a huge topic... and I am far from being a good source of information any more. My remaining three, upgraded SOLOs sit in a closet except when flying a 360 degree video camera. You might dive in to the 3DR Solo forum related to this forum.

See this link to ArduPilot.org. And this link to diydrones. And this link to mRobotics for hardware.
Probably the leading "open source" autopilot software, although there are others. A version was provided in the 3D Robotics SOLO system. This is a huge topic... and I am far from being a good source of information any more. My remaining three, upgraded SOLOs sit in a closet except when flying a 360 degree video camera. You might dive in to the 3DR Solo forum related to this forum.
Looking more into creating and working with parameters, mission planning, within the ardupilot auto pilot system. Any suggestions beyond the link provided, thank you for the information.

Looking more into creating and working with parameters, mission planning, within the ardupilot auto pilot system. Any suggestions beyond the link provided, thank you for the information.
The best way to do this is to go to the ardupilot page and read on down. Also read up on the use of Mission Planner or Q ground control. Really the best way to get good with it is to build a system for yourself. It’s a very powerful system with lots of custom things that can be done.
I have a heavy lift Octocopter I built on the Hex Cube Orange autopilot. I have another one that is in the Prototyping stage using Arducopter.
One way is to buy a small quad kit from amazon based on the Pixhawk Flight controller and tinker with it. If you have any specific questions I can tey to answer it.
Dave

Reactions: AMann

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM