Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Are night waivers one-offs for each mission?

vindibona1

Reaction score
I was looking at the application for night waivers and it seems that there is a lot of detail required for flying after/before civil twilight. Do you have to fill out a waiver application every time you want to fly at night? Or can you fill out an applicaiton for multiple missions? ... Or does one application typically cover the pilot for an extended time period?

How long does it take for them to get back with approval or denial? [Expecting my 107 cert this week after passing the test and already have anti-collision strobes]. TIA

Reactions: BigAl07
My 107.29 Daytime waiver was granted for any class E airspace. If I am going to fly in controlled airspace, B, C, D and E, I need to apply for that specific mission or specific location and timeline based upon need. Mine is good for 4 years and it took about 4 weeks from submission to time it was granted.

My 107.29 Daytime waiver was granted for any class E airspace. If I am going to fly in controlled airspace, B, C, D and E, I need to apply for that specific mission or specific location and timeline based upon need. Mine is good for 4 years and it took about 4 weeks from submission to time it was granted.

Hey @TreeLineView might that be class G (GOLF) Airspace? LOL!!

As noted above it's for a long period of time in any Uncontrolled Airspace. Now if you are applying for an Airspace Authorization you can attach your 107.29 and they MIGHT include it in your AA but it's not guaranteed and you can NOT in controlled airspace under 107.29 unless specifically authorized.

Reactions: TreeLineView

As noted above it's for a long period of time in any Uncontrolled Airspace. Now if you are applying for an Airspace Authorization you can attach your 107.29 and they MIGHT include it in your AA but it's not guaranteed and you can NOT in controlled airspace under 107.29 unless specifically authorized.
Yes sir. LOL.

I don't suspect I would be flying anywhere locally where the floor of Class B didn't start at 1899 MSL after the 5MN ring, with no controlled airspace below it staying below 400' AGL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV