Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Been doing some D-Log testing

Red90

Reaction score
Website
www.red90.co.uk
I have shoot coming up next month that I have to nail as I won't get chance to re-shoot so I have been doing some tests in D-Log.

I usually shoot CinelikeD and am happy with the results, but the film is going to take place in an area of a lot of contrast so I need as much latitude as I can get. I have to say that I am still not 100% happy with the outcome even after reading up on the subject extensively.

Here is a real world comparison at the 500iso base setting with the same shot at +2 stops, +1 stop and 0 over exposed. I also ran Neat Video on the +2 clip which is powerful noise reduction software - but to be honest I don't see why you should have to run NR on a clip that technically is correctly exposed. The grading was done in FCPX and it's split-screened with the original D-Log file.

I might just bite the bullet and keep it in CinelikeD and hope for the best after this..

D Log test

I delivered a load of footage to the BBC a couple of weeks ago all shot in Cinelike - this was a lot shot over water and the detail in the ripples was great (especially with a polariser on). I am not massively impressed with D-Log (even though I shoot S-Log 3 for all my main camera footage with my FS7) and I will switch back to d-cinelike from now on.

I figure if it's good enough for the BBC, it's good enough for me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905