Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Best way to share projects with clients?

btpearse

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to best share projects/present data to clients?
More specifically, I would like to create an interactive project that visualizes my orthomosaic, DEM, 3D model, and possibly some shapefiles, and be able to share this privately with a client.
For GIS data I use ArcGIS Online, but my drone products don't work very well on there (or at least I haven't been able to figure it out yet).

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome! Unfortunately, I'm not the "experienced member" that @Gagey52 mentioned. I hope someone here can and will speak up! Good luck.

Reactions: Gagey52
I can't help with ArcGIS Online. However you might get more help if you described the kind of "interactivity" you seek to achieve: You the expert manipulating ArcGIS Online and other tools while a client watches your screen display in a Zoom or other "sharing" meeting? Send clients screenshot of some views they want? And/or an overall system which one or more clients might learn enough (or follow your detailed instructions) to be able to use through direct interaction? I've had mixed results across clients. You might try the free trial of Virtual Surveyor and see if that gives you enough to work with, in some cases. It's not the same as interacting directly with Pix4Dmapper or other tools, however some times all the client wants is a 2D topographic view of a 3D model, and maybe something that can be enlarged at a quality print shop to take to the field. It can take many of your hours to troubleshoot a client's difficulty with accessing and manipulating files in software they are not familiar with, not to mention the differences in UIs across Windows and Mac machines of different ages. Trying to reach a level of comprehension and paying interest with at least one client would be a great first step! :) I would find a friendly beta tester, try stuff, and be prepared to write instructions that may seem way too detailed to you. I recently went through a few cycles around "sharing" results from 360 degree videos and stills. The experiences were instructive.

I've attached a few images as examples of what can be produced after importing a DSM file and an RGB GeoTiff into Virtual Surveyor. (I have no affiliation with the source company, other than as a customer.)

BTW, if your State paid for a LiDAR survey by airplane, you might search for the results, even if the imagery is some years old. Photogrammetry has some limits when modeling terrain with vegetation.

Attachments

• Topographic example - 1 foot contour intervals.jpg
    Topographic example - 1 foot contour intervals.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Topographic example - drainage directions with colored elevations.jpg
    Topographic example - drainage directions with colored elevations.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Topographic example - drainage directions with 1 foot contours and colored elevations.jpg
    Topographic example - drainage directions with 1 foot contours and colored elevations.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I use google cloud to share large data with my clients, seems to work very well. When I upload I keep the data private, then share only with the client.

We use Hightail for a file sharing service but it sounds like we do it exactly like you do. It's private and without the direct link (which we provide the client) you can't access the contents. This method allows us to upload/share just about any file type known to man.

Reactions: tleedom and R.Perry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM