Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Can I operate a P4 Pro v2 using a P4 RTK controller

SteveBCH

Reaction score
I have a P4 RTK but am thinking of buying a P4 Pro v2 just for photos that don't need the RTK accuracy to avoid extra wear and tear (and risk of crashing) on the more expensive RTK drone. Will I need to buy another controller or will the RTK controller operate the Pro v2? Or, am I looking at this the wrong way. Thanks!

I have a P4 RTK but am thinking of buying a P4 Pro v2 just for photos that don't need the RTK accuracy to avoid extra wear and tear (and risk of crashing) on the more expensive RTK drone. Will I need to buy another controller or will the RTK controller operate the Pro v2? Or, am I looking at this the wrong way. Thanks!
I don't have a definitive answer but you could compare the model numbers. If they're both the same, chances are they'll work. Also, I'd think any Phantom 4 Pro v2 would come with a controller unless you specifically want to buy it without one. However, after looking it up, it does seem that the RTK controller is somewhat different but I really have no solid answer. I guess your best bet would be to buy the P4 Pro v2 and test it out. Other than that, you're at the mercy of someone here who has both and can test it out.

I don't have a definitive answer but you could compare the model numbers. If they're both the same, chances are they'll work. Also, I'd think any Phantom 4 Pro v2 would come with a controller unless you specifically want to buy it without one. However, after looking it up, it does seem that the RTK controller is somewhat different but I really have no solid answer. I guess your best bet would be to buy the P4 Pro v2 and test it out. Other than that, you're at the mercy of someone here who has both and can test it out.
Thanks!

Reactions: BSauce955

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905