Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Certificate of Waiver - Night small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) operations.

Shakes1118

Reaction score
Hey all,
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their posts.

I just received my certificate of waiver for night operations today (December 10th) after submitting the application on November 19th, for those that are interested in current turnaround timelines

Information for obtaining these waiver is sparse. Therefore, I am including the information I submitted in hopes that it may help anyone that wants to obtain the waiver in the future. The two sections that are of most concern are the Waiver text itself and the Proposed Location of Operation.

Attachments

• FAA Certificate of Waiver Application Part 107.29 - Test and Log.pdf
    491.9 KB · Views: 78
  • FAA Certificate of Waiver Application Part 107.29.pdf
    350.3 KB · Views: 72
Yes, every 90 days, either verbally or written.

Also, I did NOT need to provide any information on what type of strobes I am using. I just established a policy that I would self-certify each to 3 statute miles and log the data.

Thanks for posting. I am working on my submission now. It helps to see others ideas and pull together a list of best Practice that will fit my specific needs/requirements and meet all FAA regs. Congrats!

@Shakes1118 Thank you for the information you provided. I was just denied my 107.29 12-13-18, for some of the items in each section. I appreciate your post here as it will hopefully correct any discrepancies the FAA has with my application. I come from the manned side where all of this information has been mostly ratified and placed into a "boilerplate" format, with minor changes. Sadly I get confused as to what the FAA is asking for, as some things I want to say " duh, we have covered that someplace along out past 100 years of manned flight." Then I get reminded sometimes not gently that this is only 2 year old program and much still needs to be specified.

@TreeLineView I'd like to share info with you and see if we can help to add to this outline/tool kit that has been started here.

@IronManNDFW yeah, no problem, that's exactly why I put it here. So everyone would know what got me approved. If you'd like to convert it to something more useful, I'd appreciate that.

Reactions: IronManNDFW
That would be outstanding. Reach me via PM

*edited by Moderator, removed personal information *

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV