Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Client wants a large print, any recommendations?

prodigal27

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I don't have a plotter and I have a client that wants a large print out of a map.

Do any of you have recommendations for good quality map prints? I'm using DroneDeploy for the maps and need to include a grid scale but am unsure of the best way to do this. I would like this to look as professional as possible.

I would use Arc Map Desktop. Import the TIF, then in Layout View you can add the Legend, Scale Bar and North Arrow as well as your business logo. You could also use multiple data frames for zooms to areas of interest.

Please be aware that selling "maps" is usually something only a licensed surveyor can do in a lot of states. In NJ they are like a cartel and will vigorously come after anyone encroaching on their turf (Joking a bit).

I offer "Up to date Satellite View Visualizations". While there can be proven accuracy to them, I do no officially state it.

I have had someone mention GeoPrinter.c o m, but I have yet to use them in regards to prints. I really want to check out their magnetized map product.

Reactions: JDS
I don't have a plotter and I have a client that wants a large print out of a map.

Do any of you have recommendations for good quality map prints? I'm using DroneDeploy for the maps and need to include a grid scale but am unsure of the best way to do this. I would like this to look as professional as possible.

Without a plotter there aren't many options. You'll need to do the layout as mentioned above in the software you own. I also strongly suggest a disclaimer stating that this is not a survey product and is for informational purposes only; not for design and construction. Export the finished work as a TIFF file at roughly 600 DPI onto your storage media and then take it to a print shop to have the work done. You will need to specify the finished product size and an output DPI as well as what type of paper/vinyl you want it printed on.

What size is the large print they want? You can get a 20x30, maybe larger high quality inkjet at Costco for a very cheap price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91