Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Commercial roof work

MavicAir2Marc

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys that have been doing this way longer than me. I have a friend that owns a commercial roofing firm that wants to use drones as a "documentation" tool. I hesitate to use the word inspection because that implies certification in some communities. He is just looking to look at the roof condition in general and have a tool to present problem areas to his clients. He wants to use an Inspire V1 that someone gave him a couple years ago. I've already explained all of the requirements he would need to fulfill to be able to do that commercially. My question is, he wants to farm out some of the work to myself as he won't be able to cover everything himself. If anyone is doing this kind of work, do you usually bill by size of the roof, or time that it takes to complete the mission? I'm trying to come up with a pricing structure for him to include in his bidding work. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. It would be strictly photo or video work. Thanks!

Reactions: Mavikhan
I have a question for you guys that have been doing this way longer than me. I have a friend that owns a commercial roofing firm that wants to use drones as a "documentation" tool. I hesitate to use the word inspection because that implies certification in some communities. He is just looking to look at the roof condition in general and have a tool to present problem areas to his clients. He wants to use an Inspire V1 that someone gave him a couple years ago. I've already explained all of the requirements he would need to fulfill to be able to do that commercially. My question is, he wants to farm out some of the work to myself as he won't be able to cover everything himself. If anyone is doing this kind of work, do you usually bill by size of the roof, or time that it takes to complete the mission? I'm trying to come up with a pricing structure for him to include in his bidding work. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. It would be strictly photo or video work. Thanks!
Are you referring to RGB (Visible) or Thermal scan for moisture anomalies?

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Just RGB visual imaging for now. We had discussed thermal but I don't think he can afford the pricing on that currently. He would have to at least get a Zenmuse XT for his Inspire to do that himself.

Just RGB visual imaging for now. We had discussed thermal but I don't think he can afford the pricing on that currently. He would have to at least get a Zenmuse XT for his Inspire to do that himself.
My roofing customers are Licensed Roofing Co and Property Management. I do strictly Thermal inspections. That does include, thermal and visible video and images. I charge hourly for data collection only. $150 for the first hour, and $100 every hour after that. If flying at night, add $50 per hour for VO under my Daytime waiver. Some folks are just looking for insight into thermal anomalies on the roof they can mark and then follow-up on. Others want more post analysis and reports which is extra. Depends on the requested deliverable and what is outlined in the SOW. Feel free to IM me if you have any questions on Thermal.

My roofing customers are Licensed Roofing Co and Property Management. I do strictly Thermal inspections. That does include, thermal and visible video and images. I charge hourly for data collection only. $150 for the first hour, and $100 every hour after that. If flying at night, add $50 per hour for VO under my Daytime waiver. Some folks are just looking for insight into thermal anomalies on the roof they can mark and then follow-up on. Others want more post analysis and reports which is extra. Depends on the requested deliverable and what is outlined in the SOW. Feel free to IM me if you have any questions on Thermal.
Thank you for the info! I will message you when I get a better idea of the deliverables from my client.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy