Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Crane Technique

Interesting video, how long did it take you to get authorization to fly that close to the airport?
I would have sped the flight over the crane a bit, and not shot into the sun but that is just me.
Also I would get a wireless remote mike for your audio.
All in all, great job, is that one of the sites you are an inspector on?
Also email me if you haven't got paid yet, Gordon told me that was taken care of.

Interesting video, how long did it take you to get authorization to fly that close to the airport?
I would have sped the flight over the crane a bit, and not shot into the sun but that is just me.
Also I would get a wireless remote mike for your audio.
All in all, great job, is that one of the sites you are an inspector on?
Also email me if you haven't got paid yet, Gordon told me that was taken care of.
I have a area wide COA, for the city. I flew it on propose into the sun for the early morning effect and I did just get a lapel mic, need to learn to work it right, that took me 4 takes 3 had no audio, so the last one was without the mic....LOL

Reactions: R.Perry
Great Drone Shots. Way Too Long. Online Promotional Videos Should top out at 2 minutes 45 Seconds. You have 5 seconds to capture the viewers attention, and 30 seconds to keep their attention. Unless its an educational clip, most viewers click out after a couple minutes. Dont blame me, thats what a trillion hours of You Tube Stats say.

Great Drone Shots. Way Too Long. Online Promotional Videos Should top out at 2 minutes 45 Seconds. You have 5 seconds to capture the viewers attention, and 30 seconds to keep their attention. Unless its an educational clip, most viewers click out after a couple minutes. Dont blame me, thats what a trillion hours of You Tube Stats say.
I give what the client(s) want, that's what I get paid for. What you see on youtube is my enjoyment to share with other drone enthusiast. My promo video is about 2:00 minutes and change. You can go to my page to see it.

Excellent. Yep me too, do what the client wants. I would not have made the statement, if I realized you were showing the clients cut, and not a promo for you companies work.
What gets edited for the Client is much different than what I post. If I'm doing something for the City, they only want still shots of certain activities or before and after shots, other private companies may want video plus stills. When I'm out I shoot and shoot, think about theme's of the videos and what music that I know of or have in my catalog to match or give support to what I am presenting. In this crane shot I used a very dramatic audio clip to build a sense of intensity, the slow movement up and round and back down gave the crane a look of awe (colossal size). The time of day (day break) added to that intensity element. The rest of the video was (B roll) giving a background on the process of what I do
1. Reviewing plans
2. Checking depths and slopes
3. Proper installation in accordance with the plans
4. At the end of the Job, I come back and take more photo's/video of completed work (WQMP requirements) and sign off on the job card of areas of my responsibility.
That's for my day job

Excellent. Yep me too, do what the client wants. I would not have made the statement, if I realized you were showing the clients cut, and not a promo for you companies work.
Don't you do work for Millie Sev? The next video "Stand Up" was primarily shot on their site on S. Washington St. in San Bernardino.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV