Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Creating site plans- Anyone know what software was used to create this?

jd_field

Reaction score
Good morning, this is my first time posting on this forum. I have a client that has asked us to recreate site plans for them in a specific format. We use Pix4d for processing, and can create the map below as a GeoTIFF, but I am wondering what software/workflow would be used to import the image and overlay the drawings to create this PDF deliverable? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.SML120020 Operating Plan.jpg

I would guess something like autocad civil3d, maybe Carlson or perhaps trimble business center or topcon magnet. It definitely seems to be traditional survey data mixed with aerial data.

Looking at the legend and border text, that looks like it is mostly likely an ArcGIS map. ESRI software is not cheap though. There are other GIS mapping solutions that are much cheaper (Global Mapper) or even free (QGIS). If you aren't familiar with these products, or GIS concepts in general, it may be best to seek out someone who is.

Looking at the legend and border text, that looks like it is mostly likely an ArcGIS map. ESRI software is not cheap though. There are other GIS mapping solutions that are much cheaper (Global Mapper) or even free (QGIS). If you aren't familiar with these products, or GIS concepts in general, it may be best to seek out someone who is.
Agreed. And if you are considering a GIS program we can attest to the fact that the UI of the free ones compared to the expensive ones is very different. We had a few guys at the office doing some GIS work and they started in QGIS. While the functionality is certainly there, things were much easier to do and find once they started in ArcGIS.

Good morning, this is my first time posting on this forum. I have a client that has asked us to recreate site plans for them in a specific format. We use Pix4d for processing, and can create the map below as a GeoTIFF, but I am wondering what software/workflow would be used to import the image and overlay the drawings to create this PDF deliverable? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 1061

It could be either ArcGIS or one of the other knockoffs or it could have been done in CAD as well. There are a lot of software packages on the market that with the right training, you can create the above easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905