Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Customer Service

Nomesurveyor

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I know it's probably not fashionable to NOT be berating the folks at DJI, but I had a very unexpected but hugely appreciated encounter with the Tech Support folks there. I was attempting to fly my P4RTK literally across the street from our local municipal airport (ERV). After getting permission from the Airport Manager, I went to the DJI site to get the "unlock" code/authorization as is required. I had some trouble and sat in the field for an afternoon not being successful. The information and support I received from DJI support (within 1/2 hour) quickly fixed the problem.
They even followed up the next day to make sure I was up and running. (Phantom wasn't getting the code properly uploaded).
Thank-you DJI for improving this important aspect to your market success.......much better than my last encounter.

a Texas Hill Country Pilot

Far too often its the moaning and complaining about how much they S@#$. Guilty as charged :)

Nice to hear positive encounter.
Yea, I was compelled to do so after all of my bashing, fair is fair. However, I never will be "good" with DJI's telemetry "theft" and who know's what else they take?

Great to hear you had a positive experience with DJI.

I've had 5-6 issues for repairs over last 2 yrs.. some Ebay purchase repairs: Z3 repairs, X5R, some new units... exp Z30, some just failures: exp M600Pro A3+ GPS module, some upgrades: XT640-R upgrade to Ver2.

Since their remake on Service roughly 2 yrs ago, I haven't had a bad experience with them since (USA Service Center). All have been prompt and well communicated. It does require a proper service ticket generated, if you reach out to send or request repair without the service repair ticket, it isn't idea.

I've had them (DJI Tech) send me email to ask or inform status on a repair too... very helpful overall.

I haven't had same with other Brands, they've been more inline with the previous DJI Service.

Since we are all adding positive experiences, DJI Enterprise Shield was the most painless product replacement i have ever used. Our drone had a problem, I called them, by the time I hung up there was a RMA and prepaid return label in my email. Within 3 weeks a new (Not refurbished) drone was back in our office.

I will let you know how my own experience turns out. My right stick was not registering right or left movements and figured it best to send it in. I expected less than $20 for the part, "some more" for the labor. They came back with a three-hour estimate that included $195 on labor and something like $87 on all sorts of parts (including $16 for the right stick controller module) for a drone that had been running smoothly, all other things considered.

I contacted customer service (instant message online) and when I challenged the estimate the nice person on the other end submitted a request on her own initiative to lower--or at least examine--the estimate. Expected response date-3-5 business days. Two more to go......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter