Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Inspire 3 Cinematic Drone

Kristina Fowler

Reaction score
I'm impressed so far with what I'm reading about the new Inspire 3. Purchase price of approx $16K. That makes it a bit more reachable compared to the usual cast of characters seen at this level. The features are impressive. See: DJI Inspire 3

Questions: Has the drone market evolved to the point where there is sufficient demand for this type of production value even from Construction Companies and other traditional clients? Will a higher pricing schedule be a deal killer? Is there a rental market for these units? Who eventually will be the mainstay users of the Inspire 3?

Thanks in advance...

Has the drone market evolved to the point where there is sufficient demand for this type of production value even from Construction Companies and other traditional clients?
Hardly
Who eventually will be the mainstay users of the Inspire 3?
If you work on Netflix, or Amazon Originals, projects, or aspire to, the I3 could be for you.

Reactions: MikeA
DJI states: "The drone itself supports TB61 dual batteries that provide a flight time of up to 28 minutes." Ambiguous... Not sure if that means 2x 28 minutes (total 56 minutes??) If so, that's huge.... but I think the total time is maxed at 28 minutes with both batteries on board.

Specs read: DJI Inspire 3 - Specs - DJI
  • Max Hovering Time​

• Approx. 25 minutes
    Measured when hovering in a windless environment at sea level with gimbal camera and lens attached to the aircraft and without other accessories, with landing gear raised, and recording 4K/24fps H.264 (S35) video until the battery reached 0%. This data is for reference only. Please refer to the actual values in the app.
  • Max Flight Time​

• Approx. 28 minutes (landing gear lowered)
    Approx. 26 minutes (landing gear raised)
    Measured when flying forward at a constant speed of 36 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with gimbal camera and lens attached to the aircraft and without other accessories, and recording 4K/24fps H.264 (S35) video until the battery reached 0%. This data is for reference only. Please refer to the actual values in the app.

Last edited:
It’s definitely 25 minutes per set of batteries. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me as the original inspire 2 was advertised with 20+minute battery life and the real life battery life is closer to 14-15 minutes per set. This leads me to believe that the inspire 3 is also going to be sub-20 minutes in real life

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM