Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI M30t

Slade Steele

Reaction score
Website
www.franksphotos.com
I got my DJI matrice 30t today and the thing is a beast. Took it up for a maiden voyage and it was amazing. Read a license plate from 1200 yd. And the thermal isspot on. Now I just have to sell my Mavic 2 Enterprise advanced! Would love to talk to other pilots that are going to be flying the new m30.

I got my DJI matrice 30t today and the thing is a beast. Took it up for a maiden voyage and it was amazing. Read a license plate from 1200 yd. And the thermal isspot on. Now I just have to sell my Mavic 2 Enterprise advanced! Would love to talk to other pilots that are going to be flying the new m30.
What type of work will you be planning on using it for? Does it have the option to take RGB and Thermal at the same time? What platform are you flying it on?

Wrong choice of words. What software platform are you flying on. A newer version of DJI Pilot? Another platform? Does it have native mapping? I watched a video of someone mapping a cell tower, but they did not share that mapping software they were using
The flight app is what dji is calling Pilot 2

What type of work will you be planning on using it for? Does it have the option to take RGB and Thermal at the same time? What platform are you flying it on?
Not totally sure yet. My main goal is to work in public safety; with LEO, fire, SAR, Predator control, etc. Will start exploring with potential customers in the next week or so. I uses the new Pilot 2 app and is pretty amazing (but only one flight so far). Going to take it up today in higher winds and full rain and see how it responds. I don't believe this has an RGB camera but may not be entirely sure what that is :). It has an IR, zoom, wide angle and FPV along with a range finder.

Not totally sure yet. My main goal is to work in public safety; with LEO, fire, SAR, Predator control, etc. Will start exploring with potential customers in the next week or so. I uses the new Pilot 2 app and is pretty amazing (but only one flight so far). Going to take it up today in higher winds and full rain and see how it responds. I don't believe this has an RGB camera but may not be entirely sure what that is :). It has an IR, zoom, wide angle and FPV along with a range finder.
OK, thanks for sharing. RGB is just fancy name for regular visible camera :) . I fly the Matrice 200 with XT2. Do a lot of Solar and roof mapping. that's why I was asking about the software platform. I fly mostly on Pilot 1 app. Old, but easy to import and create mapping missions and it is rock solid. Was wondering if the thermal formats might include .Tiff .RJPEG. Would be great if format was supported in Flir Thermal studio for post processing.

OK, thanks for sharing. RGB is just fancy name for regular visible camera :) . I fly the Matrice 200 with XT2. Do a lot of Solar and roof mapping. that's why I was asking about the software platform. I fly mostly on Pilot 1 app. Old, but easy to import and create mapping missions and it is rock solid. Was wondering if the thermal formats might include .Tiff .RJPEG. Would be great if format was supported in Flir Thermal studio for post processing.
Want me to send you some of the thermal raws to look at?

Wrong choice of words. What software platform are you flying on. A newer version of DJI Pilot? Another platform? Does it have native mapping? I watched a video of someone mapping a cell tower, but they did not share that mapping software they were using
I am on the pilot 2 app and I know that it's capable of mapping missions but I have never done anything like that so I really don't know what the capability is or what software would be involved in that type of work.

Good Afternoon,

I just received my Matrice 30T last week. I have taken it up a few times and the Zoom is amazing. I am going to play around with the Thermal this weekend. Looking forward to getting it in the air more soon.

It's an absolute beast. I used it for search and rescue missions down in Fort Myers and the barrier islands after Ian and I'm still using it for damage assessment and searching for people's pets and other stuff in the central area of Florida where the floods destroyed so much property. It's just an amazing piece of equipment.

It's an absolute beast. I used it for search and rescue missions down in Fort Myers and the barrier islands after Ian and I'm still using it for damage assessment and searching for people's pets and other stuff in the central area of Florida where the floods destroyed so much property. It's just an amazing piece of equipment.

SS are you part a an SR group or were you contracted out for post Ian work?
I work with a search and rescue group but a good part of it was from monitoring the Florida SARnet frequency on amateur radio. Folks would put out a call for assistance and if I was available, I would respond. As far as post rescue work goes, my brother and a friend of mine are in the business where they provide damage assessments for insurance claims.

Reactions: MikeA and Flybywire
I work with a search and rescue group but a good part of it was from monitoring the Florida SARnet frequency on amateur radio. Folks would put out a call for assistance and if I was available, I would respond. As far as post rescue work goes, my brother and a friend of mine are in the business where they provide damage assessments for insurance claims.
Nice to see you are proactively involved in helping the community. And making some money as well. :)

Reactions: MikeA and Flybywire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter