Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Replaced IMU Module

Christopher Enges

Reaction score
Website
spiritvisionfilms.com
You know, I have heard the horror stories about DJI customer service for several years now, but I just had my IMU module replaced on my new Phantom 4 Pro V2 this week and I couldn't be more happy at their customer service. Yeah, I suppose that a new drone isn't supposed to have issues, but this one did.
I flew it for less than 8 hours and noticed I was getting intermittent gimbal stabilization problems. I calibrated the gimbal more than a half dozen times. It said everything was normal … it wasn't. I created a short 1 minute video highlighting those issues and contacted DJI through their chat online feature. When asked about my problem, I uploaded the video and he said yeah, you have problem. He then gave me a repair number, a UPS label and it was sent to them last Friday. Yesterday it made it to California (I'm in Washington state) and immediately they went to work on it and late afternoon they sent me a notification that they replaced the IMU module. It was under warranty, so they are handling the return postage as well.
Obviously I haven't got my drone yet, but I am thoroughly impressed on how quick, how easy, and without stress it was to have it repaired.
So, at least at this point I am very happy with DJI. I can't wait to put some more hours on my new drone when it gets back. It is really a very nice bird, with great 4K resolution. I was getting great satellite reception with the controller, even in the rugged mountains of the North Olympic Peninsula.
Nice work DJI!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905