Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Deploy mapping failure.

R.Perry

Reaction score
I have mapped this site each month for a few months now and never had an issue

Today was a mess, and could not get it to fly the mission

Here is the flight path, had to cancel flight each time with same results. Anyone have any ideas?

1653349582190.png

Wish I could suggest something, but that is very strange. I use Map Pilot, not DD, but it doesn't sound like a software issue. What type of error does it throw? Even if no compass error, maybe you should try re-calibrating anyway and see if that resolves it. It just happens at this one location? If it happens at a second location, I might suspect a sputtering GPS unit. Did you notice any sudden changes in the satellite count or if it momentarily dropped into ATTI when it fails? When you say "with the same results" do you mean exactly the same wonky resulting flight path or just that it failed? Did each flight fail at exactly the same point in the mapping grid? The flight log might yield some clues.

Looks like you are taking off from a gravel area. You never know what could be buried a few inches under the take-off point. Each time you fly there, you probably take off in a slightly different location, maybe 20ft horizontally? I've run into a compass error at a site where I assumed just dirt was under me. Shifting over just 10 feet solved that. Even though you didn't get a compass error maybe just shifting the location of takeoff a bit would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afghanpilot
I'm was launching from asphalt. Both attempts to do the mapping ended with same results. I had 14 satellites. Drone Deploy told me the log detected glitches in the link between drone and controller, however they weren't enough to create an error.
One thing I can say for DD they got right on this problem.
Since then I have relinked both controllers to the drone, Confirmed all updates, recalibrated the IMU, and of course the compass at ever new site. They figured out that I hacked geo fence but that has never been an issue. My tablet didn't have the latest update but does now.
I have done two mappings since then and have had no problems. I'm creating an new mapping for this site and will return next week to try again.
Thanks for the response. This is the previous mapping.
1653526286307.png

I have mapped this site each month for a few months now and never had an issue

Today was a mess, and could not get it to fly the mission

Here is the flight path, had to cancel flight each time with same results. Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 3562
What program is that you are using to review your flight log data?

Also... can you provide a screen shot of your mission plan? Was it really windy? Lol. Almost looks like corrective action from high winds pushing it off the flight path. And were you near any possible Geo fences that could have snuck in during your latest update?

Reactions: jammers
I use AirData and Drone Deploy has their own flight logs.
I'm not close to any controlled air space and have flown this mapping from the time they broke ground until now.
Yes it was windy (12-15 mph) but wasn't gusting. The Inspire 2 handles the wind very well.
There is the flight plan, and I have used this one for several months with no problems.

1653529211464.png

Last edited:
I use AirData and Drone Deploy has their own flight logs.
I'm not close to any controlled air space and have flown this mapping from the time they broke ground until now.
Yes it was windy (12-15 mph) but wasn't gusting.
There is the flight plan, and I have used this one for several months with no problems.

View attachment 3567
Oh wow... your start point was at the North end and it flew 4 legs in the South?! Stumped!!

I can't say for sure, but it seems Drone Deploy is stumped as well. My start point is actually on the South West corner. The area is small enough it really doesn't matter where the start point is, however I like to launch as far away from the buildings as possible.

I can't say for sure, but it seems Drone Deploy is stumped as well. My start point is actually on the South West corner. The area is small enough it really doesn't matter where the start point is, however I like to launch as far away from the buildings as possible.
??the flight plan you sent shows NE corner as start. I was trying to evaluate the UAV's pattern of chaos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM