Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Hobbyists Angered by Congress Ending the Aerial Wild West

The link says "Terms of Service Violation" but it is a link to bloomberg.com

Link seems to pull up the correct article. Recreational pilots won't be very happy with this bill. It adds a lot of new requirements, such as testing and a strict 400 agl limit.

Never understood why commercial operators flew under restrictions while hobbyists with the same equipment were allowed be loose canons out there. My impression is that most of the bad press and incidents are caused by hobbyists -- so I'm all for increased safety measures. I think the AMA is starting to look like the NRA. Both organizations need a bit more common sense.

Not sure if you can get the hobbyists to follow the rules, no matter what rules there are.
A couple of days ago in Sweden, a presumed hobbyist hovered for a long time over a huge dense crowd at an exhibition gathering. Some people got scared and attempted to move out of the risk zone, although that was difficult in the dense crowd. This is highly illegal in Sweden, as most other places in the world.
I would gladly have filmed there if asked to, bun then I would have taken the Inspire with a long lens, so I could hover outside the crowd area.
Most people know the general rules, but it is probably first when you become commercial, you guard your responsibilities and rights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91