Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone injures Police Officer

Journalists will not be able to give such basic information as whether the pilot was a professional or an amateur? This would not give bad fame to those of us who are dedicated to it.

True, leaves a mark for the industry. That being said, smarter folks will see it for what it is.

One of the charges was assault, that is nuts, they would need to prove intent to make an assault charge stick, however, the FAA may have lot to say to that guy.
The saying, "You can't fix stupid" proves itself constantly.

Reactions: BigAl07 and AH-1G
One of the charges was assault, that is nuts, they would need to prove intent to make an assault charge stick, however, the FAA may have lot to say to that guy.
The saying, "You can't fix stupid" proves itself constantly.

Sometimes the cops get carried away; or you get the rookie. As you stated, assault requires the mens rea of intent. If I drop my drone on your head because I'm stupid, it is not an assault under the criminal code, but it could be prosecuted as reckless endangerment in my state.

After a career in policing I still think "felony stupid" should be in the criminal code...:D

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07 and AH-1G
Sometimes the cops get carried away; or you get the rookie. As you stated, assault requires the mens rea of intent. If I drop my drone on your head because I'm stupid, it is not an assault under the criminal code, but it could be prosecuted as reckless endangerment in my state.

After a career in policing I still think "felony stupid" should be in the criminal code...:D

You are right, my wife worked in the courts domestic violence/sexual assault for years and she said the exact same thing. Actually I'm glad the cops arrested him, whatever charges they make stick I think will be a good thing.
People need to learn that we have a responsibility not to endanger others with drones, our cars, our guns, or whatever.

My personal feeling is if I caused an accident that injured someone I would feel terrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku