Join our growing community today!

Drone SAR training in North Carolina Sep 28th

rcdancer

Approved Vendor
DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronesar.info
FYI that while we are still trying to find a suitable venue for training in Chattanooga TN, Drone Search/Rescue training is now locked in for Sat, Sep 28th in North Carolina. Attached is the flyer. Training is limited to the first twenty to register and pay the registration fee (fee is refundable up until Sep 21st.) As always the training itself is free; the registration fee covers expenses and food. Allen Newland (BigA107 on the forum) will be in charge of training this time, but most (all?) of the Board members are expected to be there. The training location is 25 minutes from Ashville in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina. You can find it on Google Earth/Maps by searching for "Caring Place Loop, Clyde NC". We will be sending out details on the training later.

The links to registration and where you can pay the $20 registration fee are on the training page on our web site: Training | Dronesar

Bob

Attachments

• DSAR NC Train Flyer (1).pdf
    278.3 KB · Views: 23
Registered and donated $20

Looking forward to seeing everyone in NC!

Reactions: BigAl07
Registered and donated $20

Looking forward to seeing everyone in NC!

Excellent! It's shaping up to be a FULL house in a short amount of time.

Mr. Ghost, what aircraft do you fly and if multiple models what are you planning to bring to NC to train with?

Allen

Reactions: Ghost
This training is limited to 30. Already 8 have signed up so far with 4 paid. The first 20 to pay the registration fee get a slot.

I have been trying to decide on attending the training in NC or waiting until training comes to Colorado Springs, CO. I live in Colorado (not far from the Springs) and travel to/from NC for me is about 3100 road miles roundtrip. I have been saving my $ for a new thermal sensor and the cost for me to attend training in NC will dwindle my savings for a new thermal sensor. However, I have not ruled out the trip just yet.

Does the training instructor for the Colorado Springs training session live in the Springs? Or would Allen or yourself be traveling to the Springs to instruct the class? I only ask because if the instructor lives in the Springs, maybe it would be possible to pay for private training prior to the posted Colorado Springs training scheduled time. Maybe I can find a cheap flight to NC but then I am restricted to what aircraft I can bring with me so my preference is to drive. Any advise or thoughts/recommendations you or Allen can give me is very much appreciated. I'm Still deciding!

JD

Yes, one of the Board members lives in the Springs and at least one of us will travel to CO to help with the training. The Board member that lives there is tleedom online.

We're more than a year out from training in CO as we're going to try and do Night Training in Huntsville in Nov, the FL panhandle in the Spring of 2020, and then Colorado Springs in late summer/early fall 2020.

Of course you are welcome in NC. I can tell you that Allen is planning 3 awesome simultaneous scenarios in NC with a full day of training from 7 AM to 4 PM.:
  1. Scenario #1 - Lost child in the fields
  2. Scenario #2 - Missing person in/around the river
  3. Scenario #3 - Building Damage Assessment

Last edited:
FYI that 11 have signed up and 6 have now paid the $20 registration fee for North Carolina. Attendance is limited to the first 20 to pay.

Yes, one of the Board members lives in the Springs and at least one of us will travel to CO to help with the training. The Board member that lives there is tleedom online.

We're more than a year out from training in CO as we're going to try and do the FL panhandle in the Spring of 2020, and then Colorado Springs in late summer/early fall 2020.

Of course you are welcome in NC. I can tell you that Allen is planning 3 awesome simultaneous scenarios in NC with a full day of training from 7 AM to 4 PM.:
  1. Scenario #1 - Lost child in the fields
  2. Scenario #2 - Missing person in/around the river
  3. Scenario #3 - Building Damage Assessment
Thanks for the information.

Excellent! It's shaping up to be a FULL house in a short amount of time.

Mr. Ghost, what aircraft do you fly and if multiple models what are you planning to bring to NC to train with?

Allen
Allen,

First please allow me to apologize for the lack of a reply. I had attempted to reply via my phone and was not aware until now that it had failed.

To answer your question, I plan to fly a M2P unless something should happen to it between now and then. In that case I would be flying a P4P. I really don't have much experience with the P4P but it serves as a good back up.

Allen,

First please allow me to apologize for the lack of a reply. I had attempted to reply via my phone and was not aware until now that it had failed.

To answer your question, I plan to fly a M2P unless something should happen to it between now and then. In that case I would be flying a P4P. I really don't have much experience with the P4P but it serves as a good back up.

Good evening sir. No need to apologize. It happens to all of us :)

That sounds like a solid game plan. Both are great aircraft and will serve the purpose splendidly.

Looking forward to meeting you in September.

Allen

Reactions: Ghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905