Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

(Edited by Admin) I thought I was a bottom feeder...lol

Rob Hodges

Reaction score

Posted on Droners.io There were two posted, one at $45 and one at $50. 140 photos, required training and a field test before you could do this? One is near Hatteras NC...someone in Nags Head couldn't afford to do this...​

"We need one pilot to do a Premium 4-Point Underwriting. This requires 20-30 drone roof photos depending on the size of the roof and 30-50 elevation images using your mobile device. Around 30-60 interior photos will be needed. We will provide a short virtual training prior to the actual inspection if you have not been trained by us before. The training lasts about 30-45 min via Zoom. Once this training is complete, we do require a field test to be completed to ensure you understand the flight patterns and can capture all necessary images to result in a successful inspection. If you are available and have such experiences, or are interested in learning, please submit your bid. We are looking forward to working with you. Thank you! 136132

Date: Preferably before Sept. 8, 2022

Category: Real Estate

Budget: $45.00

Visibility: Public

Bids: 4

Job Type: One Off

Editing Required: No"

I put a high price on my own personal dignity. I used to send these guys nasty-grams but now I just simply ignore them and carry on. You'll see them listed again in a few days but increased at $5 increments until they hit a desperado. These guys are petty and insulting at best and their life cycles will be relatively short. They're the new slum lords of the drone world.

Reactions: John G.
I got the EXACT same thing yesterday for a local shoot. What a line of total BS.

The only people taking those jobs are fools and have no clue what they are doing. I'd bet anyone who takes one of those jobs will only do it ONCE (hopefully).

1662257803203.png

That is a complete waste of time. I wouldn't do it for $45 if it was my own property LOL.
I would let my 6 year old grandson fly the mission just for the educational experience, but never as a business decision.

• Haha
Reactions: GFields
To be honest, I wouldn't go through that level of "Instruction" unless they offered some significant jobs going forward. I won't even load the drone cases into my car for less than $125.

Reactions: MikeA and GFields
To be honest, I wouldn't go through that level of "Instruction" unless they offered some significant jobs going forward. I won't even load the drone cases into my car for less than $125.
If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. Here's a direct link to yours:
https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

FYI: The link doesn't work

Today on Dronebase... a $25 ground shoot only....

NO WAY.
These services are just too insane.

• Sad
Reactions: MikeA
I would be delighted to take the training. I am a Part107 drone pilot that make a living photographing real estate in the Emerald Coast of Florida. Am I eligible for the training?

Thank you in advance
Addie
Hoping you are just being funny. Nobody's time is worth so little....

These job postings are beyond insulting and nobody should bite on this.

Hoping you are just being funny. Nobody's time is worth so little....

These job postings are beyond insulting and nobody should bite on this.
I would welcome the training and experience. I having been flying for nine months, slowly making my way in the Real Estate photography business. I was not joking.

Reactions: GFields
I would welcome the training and experience. I having been flying for nine months, slowly making my way in the Real Estate photography business. I was not joking.
Got it. Sorry I am just really amazed at how these companies try to low dollar the pilot. I am sure they will be happy to provide the training. : )

This post was an example of cheap drone jobs on Droners.io not an actual job posting by the OP. Send me aDM and I’ll talk to you about training

Reactions: BigAl07 and BigL

Posted on Droners.io There were two posted, one at $45 and one at $50. 140 photos, required training and a field test before you could do this? One is near Hatteras NC...someone in Nags Head couldn't afford to do this...​

"We need one pilot to do a Premium 4-Point Underwriting. This requires 20-30 drone roof photos depending on the size of the roof and 30-50 elevation images using your mobile device. Around 30-60 interior photos will be needed. We will provide a short virtual training prior to the actual inspection if you have not been trained by us before. The training lasts about 30-45 min via Zoom. Once this training is complete, we do require a field test to be completed to ensure you understand the flight patterns and can capture all necessary images to result in a successful inspection. If you are available and have such experiences, or are interested in learning, please submit your bid. We are looking forward to working with you. Thank you! 136132

Date: Preferably before Sept. 8, 2022

Category: Real Estate

Budget: $45.00

Visibility: Public

Bids: 4

Job Type: One Off

Editing Required: No"
I get alerts from Droners.io all the time. The budgets are completely rediculous. As an industry we really need to stick together on not working for free and coach those that enable to the low budgets. When you are providing liability insurance, expertise, equipment, editing abilities, transportation, drone insurance/maintenance, training, etc. you should be charging a rate that allows you to make a profit. I have abandoned these market place sites and instead just network my contacts.

Reactions: Gagey52
Saw another one the other day. He had raised the budget to a huge $60. I had one job, the other day, where the guy contacted me back with a list of requirements for a job. It was decent pay for a regular job, but this required you to make sure you have people move their cars and ask the manager to set up certain things and make sure it's clean etc. I won't be responsible for things out of my control. I pulled my bid...lol. By the way, I was notified last night that my insurance was increasing 63% for next month. Gas, and everything else is increasing, but the price customers are willing to pay hasn't increased.

Reactions: MikeA and Gagey52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku