Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Extracting Batch Mapping Flight Image Geolocation from EXIF?

WingfieldUAV

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to quickly and easily extract the geolocation coordinates from a batch of flight images. The purpose of which, is to allow the pilot to check to make sure the coverage of the imagery matches what they want flown, and that there were no issues with the camera triggering.

Checking a single image is not an issue, but we want to assess the flight as a whole, in the field. I've previously used Pix4D desktop to check coverage, but not all of our pilots have access to this in the field.

We're using P4P's, so if there is a script or software to extract this information (as a KMZ or even a CSV), and then plot it, that would be awesome to know about.

Thanks!

I'm looking for a way to quickly and easily extract the geolocation coordinates from a batch of flight images. The purpose of which, is to allow the pilot to check to make sure the coverage of the imagery matches what they want flown, and that there were no issues with the camera triggering.
If you were using Agisoft, it would only take you a minute to get a visual representation of how the photos worked out like this.
T5-L.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905