Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Filming new road

Orange Bird

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have a client that is building a new 25 mile road in the middle of the forest. They have mapped it they just want me to fly the 25 mile length capturing video in 4 mile segments. I was thinking of using Litchi waypoints. Does anyone have any suggestions on possibility different apps to do a job like this? I have a P4 and was planning on following aircraft on 4 wheeler. Any other suggestions are welcomed. TIA

I use Litchi for for videos and it works great. My client has me fly a 145 acre job site once a week. I haven't tried it yet but what about the follow feature, that might also work well. You could probably capture more than four miles at a time. Sounds interesting.

Reactions: skiptv
I was thinking of using Litchi waypoints. Does anyone have any suggestions on possibility different apps to do a job like this? I have a P4 and was planning on following aircraft on 4 wheeler. Any other suggestions are welcomed.
Litchi should be perfect for that and it will give you the ability to repeat as often as you need to.
Just make sure to reset your home point a few times during the flight so that you don't get into a situation where the Phantom thinks it is getting too far from home to return and try to go back to where you started.

Reactions: skiptv
Litchi would work just fine for this and according to part 107 we are allowed to operate from a moving vehicle over sparsely populated areas so I would just have someone drive me behind it so I could keep an eye on the bird and have quick access to the controls.

I have a client that is building a new 25 mile road in the middle of the forest. They have mapped it they just want me to fly the 25 mile length capturing video in 4 mile segments. I was thinking of using Litchi waypoints. Does anyone have any suggestions on possibility different apps to do a job like this? I have a P4 and was planning on following aircraft on 4 wheeler. Any other suggestions are welcomed. TIA
P4 with a P4P battery can easily fly 10 miles on a single charge one way. Set up one way Litchi missions and drive along behind, or ahead, to be there for the landings!

Is there an application similar to Litchi that will work with my Yuneec Q500 4K? Any links would be appreciated!

TIA

TW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM