Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FLIR may have just hit a homerun!

jaja6009

Reaction score
I just saw the most interesting enterprise level drone.

FLIR is releasing a made in Taiwan, partial assembly in the USA M30T competitor.

FLIR Siras

I cannot wait to see the reviews!

When I upgrade from my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, I will seriously have to give this a look!

It will be investing to follow this one. Pending answers from reseller if there is any mapping software available. Also if third party apps can be downloaded. 90 mins life on the controller with internal battery was the only thing that was questionable. can't wait to see how if flys

Reactions: Splocal and MikeA
Yeah it checks a lot of boxes for not too much money compared to the competition. The apps and camera options will probably be the deciding factors to me, if I get work that demands non-Chinese hardware.

Reactions: Tanner Harris
Spoke to DSLRPros that will be the primary wholesale supplier in the US. The are still waiting on the final specs on software and any other items that will be bundled with the product.

Update from Distributor. Teledyne is targeting LE and first responders with this drone. No integration with third party apps. Yes the battery life on the controller is only 90 minutes. There is a Mission planner in the app. Waiting on answer to see if it includes waypoints for mapping. Drone is expected to hit distributors late Oct.

Reactions: BigAl07 and MikeA
I just saw the most interesting enterprise level drone.

FLIR is releasing a made in Taiwan, partial assembly in the USA M30T competitor.

FLIR Siras

I cannot wait to see the reviews!

When I upgrade from my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, I will seriously have to give this a look!
That thing is sweet! I'm new to these types of drones. I have 2 flights, 17 minutes total on a DJI Mini 3 I just got in the mail 4 hours ago lol

Using a dual payload drone, you could have a thermal cam in addition to a regular cam on at the same time?

That thing is sweet! I'm new to these types of drones. I have 2 flights, 17 minutes total on a DJI Mini 3 I just got in the mail 4 hours ago lol

Using a dual payload drone, you could have a thermal cam in addition to a regular cam on at the same time?
Yes, the first gen enterprise drones like the DJI Matrice series allow for two lens/sensor payloads at once. As the industry evolves both consumer and enterprise class drones are getting smaller along with their payloads. It allows for easier setup, longer flight time and more flexibility. I fly solar and roof inspection. I need to collect both thermal and RGB photos when I fly. The camera payload I use takes both at the same time. That cuts flight time in half. The Matrice M30T has two RGB and a Thermal sensor on it. Believe it can take three pics at the same time. wide/zoom RGB and thermal.

Update from Distributor. Teledyne is targeting LE and first responders with this drone. No integration with third party apps. Yes the battery life on the controller is only 90 minutes. There is a Mission planner in the app. Waiting on answer to see if it includes waypoints for mapping. Drone is expected to hit distributors late Oct.
OK, so I read through the spec sheet again to see if they listed the FOV for the thermal sensor and they did not, but I did notice that the RGB listed as 16MP with 20MP mode for mapping. Mapping is looking promising.

Yes, the first gen enterprise drones like the DJI Matrice series allow for two lens/sensor payloads at once. As the industry evolves both consumer and enterprise class drones are getting smaller along with their payloads. It allows for easier setup, longer flight time and more flexibility. I fly solar and roof inspection. I need to collect both thermal and RGB photos when I fly. The camera payload I use takes both at the same time. That cuts flight time in half. The Matrice M30T has two RGB and a Thermal sensor on it. Believe it can take three pics at the same time. wide/zoom RGB and thermal.
Thanks for the reply.

Speaking of roof / solar inspection, I've been wanting to ask someone about that

Are you contracted by a roofing company or insurance company to take pictures and they use the pictures for their inspection reports?

Or do you need to become a certified inspector, get training, and you're taking photos but also interpreting the photos, and creating the inspection reports?

I target commercial roofing contractors, property management companies and asset owners as well. I am NOT a commercial contractor. I look at myself as a powerful tool to compliment those professionals. Feel free to PM me. I am glad to share my two cents on how I got started. Also glad to share some deliverables. There is plenty of work for anyone out there that will take a moment and look down at all the money they are stepping over because there too busy racing to get somewhere else. Regards

If there is no cellular connectivity or ability to connect to an internet connection, all mapping missions will need you to import a KML. My Flir contact said they will have a second version at some point that may have connectivity functionality. Seems like this is specifically targeted to LE and other first responders. Just ordered an M3T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM