Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flir Vue Pro R

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

I am looking at the same model for my I2, but am not ready yet. I to am a newbie. I bought Flir C2 to learn to interpret photos and have been reading whatever I can from forums like this and others. Aerial thermography. It is a lot to learn but this specific market has not taken off yet in New England, but it will.

sUAS.com VuIR Touch P4 for Phantom 4/Pro - The smart Thermal Vision System for your Drone
I have a p4p pro that the intelligent uas gimbal is going to attach to..
I'm new with a thermal camera are there any tips you can give me, or info on post processing programs?

Wow that is an expensive package. As a side note I certainly will say you will reduce you flight time with those added weight.
Anyways since you have Radiometric capabilities, I would not recommend you taking measurements as an added service.

For processing software for FLIR images download this: FLIR Tools App | FLIR Systems

It is a free software but only recommended for Windows.

Wow that is an expensive package. As a side note I certainly will say you will reduce you flight time with those added weight.
Anyways since you have Radiometric capabilities, I would not recommend you taking measurements as an added service.

For processing software for FLIR images download this: FLIR Tools App | FLIR Systems

It is a free software but only recommended for Windows.
I got an invite on Tuesday from Flir to attend an online demo for MAC. Didn't get to watch the demo. Not sure if they now have a supported verison for MAC. Anyone else know?

Awww come on now buddy :) Share with the rest of us (unless it's personal then just tell me to get my nose out of it LOL).

I just message our new member that is more challenging to take temp measurement from the air. Variables such as wind, sun's position, and also T-reflect measurement can throw the numbers off by a lot. Thus recommending him to learn to do more Qualitative analysis. :)

Reactions: BigAl07
I just message our new member that is more challenging to take temp measurement from the air. Variables such as wind, sun's position, and also T-reflect measurement can throw the numbers off by a lot. Thus recommending him to learn to do more Qualitative analysis. :)

Very well said sir. Wise wise words. It would be easy to give "inaccurate" results if you're not very careful and account for the variables.

Reactions: Outta Control
Actually I am helping out a fellow classmate on their field assignment. It is very easy to forget from a fire hose of information. In fact, I am still in communication with my instructor on questions and procedures that I forgot.

Reactions: BigAl07
I think what you were saying in the p.m. maybe, is that thermal imaging from the air isn't a sure thing. I can use the flight measurements as a parameter or or guideline to do temperature checks from the ground.
Also were you saying that the Fleer Vue Pro r isn't all it's cracked up to be. And maybe there are better options out there for aerial Imaging

I think what you were saying in the p.m. maybe, is that thermal imaging from the air isn't a sure thing.
Thermal imaging in the air, for temperature measurement, is more difficult due to the uncontrolled conditions. A thermographer has to rely on their background, knowledge, and experience to provide the absolute temperature to their clients.

... I can use the flight measurements as a parameter or or guideline to do temperature checks from the ground..
Not sure what you mean by that. Can you give me an example or your process to determine surface temperature?

...Also were you saying that the Fleer Vue Pro r isn't all it's cracked up to be. And maybe there are better options out there for aerial Imaging
No the VUE Pro R is a fantastic unit but having the "R" is the designation for Radiometric and that is what captures temperature measurement and unless you have the ability to interpret it your values would be way off.

Alright here's maybe a better question. What do you use to measure surface temperature?

Straight answer is a Radiometric Thermal Camera.

Technical answer is a Radiometric Thermal Camera with an experienced thermographer.

Honest answer: You can do whatever you want with that Radiometric VUE Pro, I can't stop you, but unless you know what you are doing, you are giving bad data to your client.

It is like throwing a dart blindfolded.

I guess there are no plain simple answers to my questions.
Just thought there might be some instructional videos I can watch to help understand the thermal camera better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM