Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flir Vue TZ20 Duo Sensor

Just got some initial information from Flir which makes me even more confused. This is a new product released by "Flir". Not a DJI product. It has two LWIR cameras. One with 95 degree FOV and one with 18 degree FOV along with a 2-20x Zoom RGB Lens. NOT Radiometric and you are unable to tune in Flir Tools. No price yet and release date is Oct. Interesting. Will need to watch this.

Only records tiff images. If I had to guess, this is an entry level for realtime heads-up view for EMS and they will remove the restrictions on image file type, slip in a Tau2 sensor and make it Radiometric in the future. Maybe a little compitition for DJI and a little dig on leaving Flir out of their latest product line. Hopefully this starts a bidding war.

I am not too excited and or impressed.

I'm super disappointed in that there was an announcement of a Zenmuse XT-S thermal that was radiometric, 640 and I think 25 refresh. Then there was not another word about it. I even found a full manual for it online in PDF. I'd rather have the XT-S come out.

Treeline, where did DJI leave out FLIR in the newest product line? I thought every thermal offering DJI has is from FLIR.

I am not too excited and or impressed.

I'm super disappointed in that there was an announcement of a Zenmuse XT-S thermal that was radiometric, 640 and I think 25 refresh. Then there was not another word about it. I even found a full manual for it online in PDF. I'd rather have the XT-S come out.

Treeline, where did DJI leave out FLIR in the newest product line? I thought every thermal offering DJI has is from FLIR.
I was under the impression that the new Zenmuse HT series lens did not have a Flir Tau 2 sensor? Am I wrong.

Also, unofficial price from a vendor on this new TZ20 is $6900 and a Radiometric version will be available early 2021, but no price.

Reactions: jaja6009
I was under the impression that the new Zenmuse HT series lens did not have a Flir Tau 2 sensor? Am I wrong.

Also, unofficial price from a vendor on this new TZ20 is $6900 and a Radiometric version will be available early 2021, but no price.

Oh I was assuming the HT had a Tau2. LOL. But after looking around a bit I can't find it listed anywhere what brand thermal is in it.

Also very interesting 2021 availability of a radiometric Boson.

The VUE TZ20 is FLIR’s answer to the H20 series. FLIR did not manufacturer the H20 series payloads for DJI like they did for the XT2. The H20 series payload was created by a Chinese company.

The VUE TZ20, which incorporates FLIR‘s Boson sensor, retails for $7500; preorders are being accepted now from authorized resellers; FLIR Vue TZ20 Dual Thermal Camera

I was in an interesting webinar today with Drone Nerds and a FLIR rep who spoke about this awesome new thermal option. Link to Youtube webinar:

At 18:40 he answers my question on when a radiometric version of the Boson is coming, and that they have been stating since 2018 that it was coming. He said by the end of the calendar year. He also said that there is a radiometric version already available for the defense sector.

This could bode well for the Autel Evo II Dual. If that baby gets radiometry that will end up being my thermal solution.

I was also surprised when the Flir rep stated that even without radiometry you could still tune the .tiff in Flir Tools. He did not get into specifics of what you can tune.

Exciting times for thermal buffs.

I was in an interesting webinar today with Drone Nerds and a FLIR rep who spoke about this awesome new thermal option. Link to Youtube webinar:

At 18:40 he answers my question on when a radiometric version of the Boson is coming, and that they have been stating since 2018 that it was coming. He said by the end of the calendar year. He also said that there is a radiometric version already available for the defense sector.

This could bode well for the Autel Evo II Dual. If that baby gets radiometry that will end up being my thermal solution.

I was also surprised when the Flir rep stated that even without radiometry you could still tune the .tiff in Flir Tools. He did not get into specifics of what you can tune.

Exciting times for thermal buffs.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have Tools + and I think you can now do a free upgrade to Thermal Tools Studio. I'll upgrade today and see if I can tune some Tiffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91