Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Feed back for GoPilot, Fleet Management tool for drone pilots.

Robert Erdt

Reaction score
Website
gopilot.com
Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Robert Erdt. My experience is in large scale and high volume drone operations for telecom and environmental surveying. In this pursuit, I have started an app company called Go Pilot, an end to end solution for done management, linked flight tools, and a wealth of additional flight modes all built into a nice solution.

The truth is, we cant build this alone. We would really like the community to help add ideas on where the pain points are currently at. I can tell you mind having the experience in the sUAS commercial service space.

Site management- we deal with a lot of sites and collect a lot of different layers. We need a seamless solution for connecting organizations and moving data around to where you need it more effectively.

Commercial Flight Planning tools- very simple, we need more ways to split flights up per batteries, start and stop photogrammetry points should be more precise, and on and on with this one. I really think an inspection mode will come in handy during our bridge jobs.

Team Communication- This is self-explanatory. If you operate drones like we do, we need to be able to connect to each other in our orgs. \

I would really love this communities input towards Go Pilots goals.

Last edited:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your app. Hope you can make it work on Inspire 2s, because since the latest updates Litchi, and Autopilot don't work on it.

Welcome and good luck with your app. From your signup page, I really couldn't tell what your product was attempting to do. No offense, but it's sort of a "world peace" statement.

i am in Virginia, but I don't remember helping with a report...unless it was a survey. I wasn't being critical by the way. You are entering a difficult market right now, with a good number of competitors, some entrenched software/"fleet management" products already and product branding/differentiation will determine your success at this critical point. Your potential customers need to know what your product is and what makes it different from the others on the market. I'm assuming you are developing for DJI drones, which is most of the market...apparently except for me...lol.

Rob,

Yes, it is entrenched and the only thing the current market of apps did for me was allowed me to change my battery name's (not helpful). But all serious, we have the needed tools to check airspace, weather, submit laanc, ops logging, and planning photogrammetry flights for certain commercial applications.

What's going to separate us is our map-centric tools for site management, advanced commercial flight modes, and a much bigger picture that I'm not ready to unveil yet.

After having over 300 people sign up, including some top UAS companies in the market, Go Pilot is trying to understand the pain points of drone operations, including using our service company Ryka UAS to pilot development for a scalable ops/erp tool.

@Rob Hodges I wanted to mention we will also have DJI, (working on Yuneec), and "others" flight controllers available in-app.
That would be really nice and the added trouble, risk, and additional development costs of using other drone types would definitely differentiate you from other companies. Sounds like you are definitely shooting for the higher end corporate client pool (if you are adding ERP to it). I was involved with one SAP implementation years ago and the implementation costs per client were not trivial. I hope it all works out! Make sure you and your team spend the time to fix your feature list for go-live at the beginning of the project and stick to it. The "hey, I got an idea" back roads can delay you indefinitely. Best of luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM