Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings from Southern California!

BEAR5oh

Reaction score
So...I've been flying for about a year, now. The last 6 months I got really serious about it and started putting in lots more flight time. Getting to learn better drone/camera movement, how to shoot different conditions/terrain etc. The last 3 months....well...it's become apparent that it's gonna help me with my monetary streams. So....time to do my Part 107. I've read lots of discussions and threads so I know going with a study/prep course online is gonna be the safest and smartest way to move forward.

I've also read several threads and discussions (here and Phantom) about what to charge people. It looks like approx $150 is probably what i'd bill out for a 30 seconds worth of fully edited and uploaded content.

Getting an AMA membership and also getting additional liability insurance for my flying is imperative. Stop me if i'm wrong on anything.

I'm currently using: Phantom P4A, Apple iPad Air, 3 regular batteries with approx 70 cycles on each, and a brand new hi-cap one. All DJI and the DJI hub. I only use SanDisk MicroSD cards, they've never failed and seem to be the highest rated, still. Thinking of buying the new generation ones (supposedly transfer and process 4K better?) Great traveling case (Case Club). Currently using a standard range antenna setup but I'm gonna invest in the ITElite antenna configuration.

Anyone think of anything I might be missing? Any recommendations on anything? Other than obtaining a permit ($145!!!!) if I wanna film in Hermosa Beach.....

I've already got jobs lined up but I wanna make sure I dot all the eyes and cross all the tees.

Thanks for havin me aboard!

B.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy the forum!

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/account-details

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905