Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

GUESSING WHEN YOUR DRONE WILL DIE

I received that article via email from the AOPA. It seems to me that he is trying to start a subscription service. I also find it hard to believe that I need to change the motors on my P4P every 30-50 hours. However, I do agree that if one has a burning smell from the motors, or anything for that matter it should not be in the air and service is required before it goes in the air again.

I just got my p4p, how many hours on average are they good for?Thanks

My P4 has more than a hundred hours on it and the motors are working fine. The Inspire has a little over 90 hours and no motor problems, just one prop problem but replaced all four props.
Hover your drone three to five minutes close to the ground, land and do a smell and heat test. Pick up an inexpensive digital temperature gun and check each motor for excessive heat. If a motor is running considerably hotter than the others, time for new motor.

I'd have a full time job if I had to change my motors at 20 hours. I've been flying multi's for about 5 years and in that time I had one loss to an unknown problem. It was probably a prop, motor or esc failure but it went in a lake and I never recovered it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM