Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Has anyone on here gotten any work from the site Droners.io?

I signed up for this site and I've seen a few jobs pop up, only problem is, you have to bid on them and you're competing against a lot of other pilots. I saw a job pop up today for a simple shoot of a commercial property, and within an hour there had already been 10 bids placed on the job. It's looking like this site really won't be worth it in terms of getting commercial work if you are competing against 10 other people each time a job gets posted. I feel like my chances of getting selected from a group of 10 other pilots is slim to none. I guess that's the reality of the commercial drone business. Just wondering if anyone else on here has had experience with Droners?

Yes, I've done several jobs through that site. Most of the "budgets" are low and not worth messing with, some are average. I look at the job and submit a bid. Lots of times, they accept my bid and others you never hear back from. I am in central WV so there isn't much competition.

Good luck!

<><
Cleve

mdurbanek

Website
www.ArchitecturalShots.com
I don't know about this particular site. But for several years I was actively bidding on photography jobs on Thumbtack. I have been successful on several occasions and have retained three clients over that time, national companies that need reliable remote vendors.

Unfortunately, the site has been flooded by fools and become a market-destroying cesspool. Apparenly the company somehow makes a better profit from fees generated by $150 jobs than $2K jobs. Incompatible with my Jurassic business model.

mdurbanek

Website
www.ArchitecturalShots.com
Take advantage of a free listing on DronePilotsCentral. This puts your name out there in front of potential new clients. It has very sophisticated search and allows website visitors to interact directly with you. No cost to you, no cost to them.

www.DronePilotsCentral.com
I'll check it out, thanks!

KRProton

I've signed up with DroneBase and Droners.io. I'm disappointed in both. I'm in West Virginia which is not exactly the heart of the country so I don't expect much work, but I'm disappointed in the formats of their sites. I also signed up for roof inspection jobs with both and went through the lengthy process of taking their tests, performing practice missions and submitting images, etc., etc. But they keep changing their specifications and navigating their web sites is confusing. I've kind of given up, but need to get back to it.

Tim

FLYBOYJ

I've had a steady flow of work from Droners.io in my part of the world. They have been easy to work for and pay promptly. Much of the work I've been doing is close by my home or along my commute to the full time gig.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisrocktx