Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Canada

SIr Veyor

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve surveyed mostly in North America and have a lot of mapping/Lidar experience (plane based). I’m looking to develop my drone skills along/outside my current company. They’re moving forward, but there’s a line. Plus with project timelines, I May flip back into subcontractor work. So I’d like to develop my skills with my own gear, as poss.

Currently based in Canada, but worked in US for a long time as well.

Is there an umbrella login for all the Drone Pilots boards, or would I need an account for here and each model I’d like to ask about?

thank you,
SV

Reactions: dirkclod
No you have to join in all our forums like you did here. You may use your user name in each unless it’s been taken.

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Check all the TC documentation. In particular, make sure you’re familiar with the current TC AIM RPA. I presume you have, or will get, your Advanced Ops RPAS certificate. You don’t say where you are, but Fanshawe College in London has an excellent commercial RPAS programme.

Reactions: SIr Veyor
Hi All,

I’ve surveyed mostly in North America and have a lot of mapping/Lidar experience (plane based). I’m looking to develop my drone skills along/outside my current company. They’re moving forward, but there’s a line. Plus with project timelines, I May flip back into subcontractor work. So I’d like to develop my skills with my own gear, as poss.

Is there an umbrella login for all the Drone Pilots boards, or would I need an account for here and each model I’d like to ask about?

thank you,
SV
Welcome to the forum! I’m out west in Alberta.
As AJKM mention, first step is to educate yourself on safe and legal operation. You will likely need to do a decent amount of research to determine what equipment is most suitable for your tasks/budget, as the number of available options are growing rather quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m thinking of starting with a smaller investment in aircraft right now, as the current company has some bigger drones and addons. But as a former subcontractor p, I might have some trading gear to go better drone earlier. I’ve got a while to build up my skills, have passed advance, but need the checkout flight. I’m trying to get experience in the whole process and my prior experience should speed up the field portion knowledge curve. I’m hoping between Opendrome and my company’s software I can get a good grasp of troubleshooting the processing and final output reliability.

Hi All,

thank you,
SV
Welcome to the group.. feel free to contact if you need any help in data processing.

welcome to the forum from the land of Oz, look forward to hearing about your projects.
Regards
Thank you, but I expect most of my projects will be rather dull compared to what I’ve seen posted here.

Mate, most projects become mundane eventually. If I can dare offer some advice to a new starter it would be the following;
Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Secondly Redundancy, redundancy and redundancy.
All my work is in remote area’s and you have to get it right the first time or it will cost you.
Regards

Mate, most projects become mundane eventually. If I can dare offer some advice to a new starter it would be the following;
Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Secondly Redundancy, redundancy and redundancy.
All my work is in remote area’s and you have to get it right the first time or it will cost you.
Regards
I think we’re on the same page. You’ve described most of my career, especially in the ways I’ve pulled ahead of a lot of coworkers. If you don’t come back with good data, don’t come back. I typically earn my money/rep off the chaos and issues from others not following the 6 P’s, not verifying their information, and simply not communicating with the client or even their office properly.

But, I’ve seen some stunning projects presented here. I’m planning on training with as-builts, point clouds, and all on very dry and boring looking items, like pile caps, battered piles, etc. Some of the stuff here is great eye candy.

Reactions: Gagey52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM