Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello From Chino Hills, CA

33 UAV

Reaction score
Website
www.33uav.com
Hello everyone! This is my first time to join this forum. I'm currently from Chino Hills, CA but can do the aerial service in the Southern California. I never fly any drone until last year. I have a huge passion with drone industry. So I bought a 2nd handed Phantom 4 from a friend to fly for recreational use. After few flights, I thought about upgrading myself to Part 107 pilot. I finally got a Part 107 license then started up my own business for a couple of service I can do. Recently, I bought a Mavic Pro Platinum as a "back-up" drone and quieter service. A couple of reasons I joined in this forum is to learn from everyone here to overcome my struggle with business and FAA authorization issues. :)

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome buddy.

The best you can do at first is to establish your business before authorization. One reality you will find is about 3/4 of your time will be devoted to marketing and looking for that gig. As I travel to SoCal literally every month I find so much drone service providers located in the LA area. I just couldn't fathom the number of video/cinematographers scratching for ever job and even doing cut throat pricing.

Make yourself stand out from the rest, is my advise. Not in pricing but on the services you offer.

Look at what your competition is doing. In fact do some research and act as if you are a client and see what the offer for the price they charge. I see this all the time that our student's dream when they take our course is to work in Hollywood but that is far from what really happens.

Here is a link to a CL listing on drone services: los angeles services "drone" - craigslist

PS: Not trying to scare you but take a real hard look at what you should focus on to be a successful drone service provider.

Reactions: 33 UAV and BigAl07
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Welcome buddy.

The best you can do at first is to establish your business before authorization. One reality you will find is about 3/4 of your time will be devoted to marketing and looking for that gig. As I travel to SoCal literally every month I find so much drone service providers located in the LA area. I just couldn't fathom the number of video/cinematographers scratching for ever job and even doing cut throat pricing.

Make yourself stand out from the rest, is my advise. Not in pricing but on the services you offer.

Look at what your competition is doing. In fact do some research and act as if you are a client and see what the offer for the price they charge. I see this all the time that our student's dream when they take our course is to work in Hollywood but that is far from what really happens.

Here is a link to a CL listing on drone services: los angeles services "drone" - craigslist

PS: Not trying to scare you but take a real hard look at what you should focus on to be a successful drone service provider.

Thank you sir. I had a couple of people asked me to drop the price down to $50 or less per real estate (1-2 hours at site and 1-3 hours works with images and video editing). I thought it was too low for that. :(

Speaking of the devil, I just got an email from FAA Drone Zone that my airspace authorization is approved and will be effective starting May 11. So exciting.

$50 is way way way to low. $150 per house, plus $150 for editing is a good place to start. Once you start shooting for $50, you will never be able to go back up. At a $50 dollar rate, you can earn a better living driving for Uber and just fly your drones for fun.

$50 is way way way to low. $150 per house, plus $150 for editing is a good place to start. Once you start shooting for $50, you will never be able to go back up. At a $50 dollar rate, you can earn a better living driving for Uber and just fly your drones for fun.

Totally agree. Once you give in you are stuck with it because they will question why you rising your prices and move on.

I have a buddy of mine that charges $150 for real estate. I told him he's nuts for charging that low but it brings him business from one realtor. :rolleyes:

Totally agree. Once you give in you are stuck with it because they will question why you rising your prices and move on.

I have a buddy of mine that charges $150 for real estate. I told him he's nuts for charging that low but it brings him business from one realtor. :rolleyes:

That's what I rejected all low-balling Real Estate agents' offers. They think I'm nut for charging $150-200 per house and additional cost for editing. Not giving up anyways. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM