Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Nebraska

Evan Beachly

Reaction score
Website
droneamplified.com
I'm a software engineer / pilot working for a small startup company in Lincoln, Nebraska called Drone Amplified.

We're currently making a way to ignite prescribed fires using drones. Prescribed fires are useful for reducing wildfires, managing ecosystems, controlling invasive species, and improving rangelands for livestock and grazing. Typically, prescribed fires are ignited by teams of land managers with kerosene drip torches, but difficult terrain can be dangerous to ignite with drip torches. Using drones to ignite prescribed fires will make the process much safer and more convenient.

I primarily fly DJI Matrice 600's.

Great to meet you all!

Hello Evan and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

While I think it's awesome what you're doing just make sure you and your company aren't "recreating the wheel" so to speak. I saw a video just a few weeks ago where a company in Europe (I think that's where they were don't quote me LOL) were doing this with small "Ping Pong" balls with some accelerate inside. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but at the same time no use waiting your time and resources to duplicate someone else's work IF that ends up being the case.

Good luck and SAFE Flights :)

Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello Evan and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

While I think it's awesome what you're doing just make sure you and your company aren't "recreating the wheel" so to speak. I saw a video just a few weeks ago where a company in Europe (I think that's where they were don't quote me LOL) were doing this with small "Ping Pong" balls with some accelerate inside. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but at the same time no use waiting your time and resources to duplicate someone else's work IF that ends up being the case.

Good luck and SAFE Flights :)

Allen

That video was probably us or one of our drones (although I don't think we've done anything in Europe yet). We're definitely the only ones using the ping-pong ball ignition system with drones.

Hey @Evan Beachly, I'm sure you've seen this video by now :)

Rig up one of The Boring Company's flamethrowers to one of your M600s.

All jokes aside, best of luck with the project. We'd be interested in seeing that setup when it is done. Safe flying.

Awesome video!

Welcome to the forum, very interesting. I know the hotshots with CDF set backfires to slow the process of the fires we get here in California. You are right, it is a dangerous job those guys have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV