Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from NSB, Fl. Question on using M2P for roof inspections.

want2fly

Reaction score
Just joined and already needing help.

I'm planning on doing roof inspections (homeowners, builders, insurance) and aerial photos of large acreage. I had planned on purchasing a P4P but that's no longer possible and P5P is just a dream. I feel the Inspire 2 would be overkill at this time.

So I've come up with the idea of purchasing a M2P along with the CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra and everything else needed. This combo would work with both PIX4D and Dronedeploy.
Your comments are appreciated.

what is your budget.

Here are some that would be great as a starter.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and good luck with your venture. ?.

Some Suggestions.
1. The Autel EVO, would be an option because DJi Geo-fencing may prevent u from a job site unless u modify the Mavic software. Additionally, 4k @60 fps is clear and respectful image so why spend over $800 more for a 1 inch sensor.
2. Is your marketing plan realistic ? What are your fees ? Who is your competition ? How much flying experience do u have ?
3. Would a used UAV to practice your flying skills and slow startup revenue, a better return on investment (ROI)

If u look at used UAV's on craigslist, most are for sale because purchaser's ideas did not materialize.
They didn't plan to fail, they fail to plan

Some Suggestions.
1. The Autel EVO, would be an option because DJi Geo-fencing may prevent u from a job site unless u modify the Mavic software.

I don’t believe that his future job, requires flying 95% within the geofenced zone or else, we all would have a hard time, and the EVO has not really been tested as a work horse. It’s a good drone, because I just acquired one.

You can modify your antenna (it is a violation, but can easily be covered [emoji6]) but don’t modify the software. The MP, i1, and Matrice has the hack out, and the hack is also causing major headaches to some. In short do not do the hack FCC channels or NFZ, if you are flying commercial under part 107. Software hack is the only thing that I’m fearful of, I might not know how to write a source code, but I understand them.

Request your flight unlock code, and get your AA like the rest of us. Do the leg work, don’t be cheap in this lucrative business, and fly safe.

I don’t believe that his future job, requires flying 95% within the geofenced zoneand the EVO has not really been tested as a work horse. It’s a good drone, because I just acquired one.

You can modify your antenna (it is a violation, but can easily be covered
emoji6.png
) but don’t modify the software. The MP, i1, and Matrice has the hack out, and the hack is also causing major headaches to some. In short do not do the hack FCC channels or NFZ, if you are flying commercial under part 107. Software hack is the only thing that I’m fearful of, I might not know how to write a source code, but I understand them.

Request your flight unlock code, and get your AA like the rest of us. Do the leg work, don’t be cheap in this lucrative business, and fly safe.

Wow, how do u determine 95% of jobs are outside geo-fencing, when u don't know the airspace he will be working in.
2. Modify antenna does not work effectively but software adjustments do.

Wow, how do u determine 95% of jobs are outside geo-fencing, when u don't know the airspace he will be working in.
2. Modify antenna does not work effectively but software adjustments do.

Think deep...
1) What do you report to the FAA, and what can you not doctor?
2) The majority of the job falls outside the NFZ and if operating in the NFZ, there is a legal solution to operate, within the regulatory scope to satisfy your client(s) needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy