Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from SoCal

Hi everyone. Excited to be here to learn from others and share my (limited) experience.

I work in forensic architecture and we have been using drones for 2 months now to assist in our investigations. So far being able to see otherwise inaccessible areas has been great.
That sounds very cool. Great to have you! I just joined myself. I'm on the left coast also ...

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hi everyone. Excited to be here to learn from others and share my (limited) experience.

I work in forensic architecture and we have been using drones for 2 months now to assist in our investigations. So far being able to see otherwise inaccessible areas has been great.
I fly doing time line construction and other projects with Architects. What is forensic Architecture?

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)
Thanks for the tip!

Interesting use...not one we hear a lot about...what types of cameras / sensors do you use?

Interesting use...not one we hear a lot about...what types of cameras / sensors do you use?
That's a great question and kind of funny. For years, our primary cameras have been simple point and shoots. So using a P4P at 4K is a huge upgrade; light-years ahead of where we've been. In fact, our clients are typically attorneys, so shooting in 720p is optimal, as most of our work is viewed on computer monitors by our clients. That and our job files are already very large.

We did just get an I2 with a X5S for high rises. It's nice to have the ability for one guy to focus solely on the video/inspecting while being able to maintain some stand-off using the zoom. The X5S is an amazing camera.

We dont use any thermal imaging, as it's just not very typical in our industry.

That's pretty much all we use. I know how to use drone deploy, but haven't seen an opportunity yet to provide it as a service for our clients.
I'm definitely open to suggestions regarding cameras/sensors and equipment.

Agreed. If I am in the area I would like to see how you do your inspection.
Well... I'm open to it, but quite certain you would be chased away by angry attorneys :mad::mad::mad:. We do have a YouTube channel that I'm going to add more videos to. I noticed a lack of inspection videos there, and would like to add more.
Buckles & Associates, Inc.

I'm not too sure how the two correlate? We investigate existing structures post construction. Sometimes there are life-safety allegations. For those we analyze plans, building code, UL listings, and ASTM's vs the existing assembly.

But really, the attorneys and insurance carriers do not allow anyone on site who isn't involved in the litigation. I uh... have direct experience with that already.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premier Drone Services