Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from SW Ohio

kattz

Reaction score
Hello,

I fly for non-profit, mostly for myself. However, to post on YouTube, you must have a Part 107 cert. Yeah, I got a nice warning letter from the FAA for my YouTube video (no laws broken). FAA now considers drone videos on YouTube as "for entertainment" even if not for funds, and not non-profit, so, well, there it is...

So, I'm here to learn as much as possible about the 107 constraints on operations.

Kev

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Understand that Part 107 is about a lot more than "funds/money/compensation". It's clearly stated that you are either a hobbyist/Recreational operator or a commercial operator. If hobbyist everything you do has to be for you and ONLY For you. You can't "hobby" for someone else even if it's not for profit. For instance we can't use our sUAS for Search & Rescue (possibly saving time, $$, and lives) all voluntary because it's not a Hobby/Recreational endeavor.

Look at it like this.. by default we are ALL Civil Operations and as such we would all require either Part 107 or a Public Use COA unless we can fit into the tiny exclusive box of hobby operators.

Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Understand that Part 107 is about a lot more than "funds/money/compensation". It's clearly stated that you are either a hobbyist/Recreational operator or a commercial operator. If hobbyist everything you do has to be for you and ONLY For you. You can't "hobby" for someone else even if it's not for profit. For instance we can't use our sUAS for Search & Rescue (possibly saving time, $$, and lives) all voluntary because it's not a Hobby/Recreational endeavor.

Look at it like this.. by default we are ALL Civil Operations and as such we would all require either Part 107 or a Public Use COA unless we can fit into the tiny exclusive box of hobby operators.

Allen

Hi, Allen,
Agreed, now that I know it. And looking forward to several nights of studying and getting my 107 out of the way.

Thanks!

Kev

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM