Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello guys

ben price

Reaction score
I am a newbie here, I want to own a pre-owned Dji mini2. As a beginner, I want to know about its cons. Especially I have listened many times mini2 has no charging and connection failure (with controller) problem.

Welcome to the forum I have no experience with mini 2 so can't help you there but perhaps somebody who does will chime in good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, welcome. I have a Mini2, and I really haven't had any issues with it. I do have a A2s and 2 P4Ps so it isn't my main go-to, but I do use it often for scouting, or just a relaxing flight around my own property. Since getting it, I think I have about 25 flights and maybe 6 hours in air on it, really not much, but I fly my larger birds for commercial work.

Some of the things I still have issues with are that it's obstacle avoidance is no where near the other drones, being I think mostly front, bottom, no side detection.

I do find that it is great as compared to lower end, non-dji models. It hovers well, and except for the occasional pilot error (I was doing some close quarters maneuvering to gain experience in my backyard and clipped a garden post breaking a prop), it has been a nice, reliable drone.

My point is, just like anything, there will be lemons. And their will be lots of great ones. Being a low end price point, the QA on it won't be as good, and with the numbers they can sell because of the price, you will have a lot more human error, or 1/2 stories about how the drone is in perfect shape, when it was in a tree the day before.

I have not had any charging issues using the fly more 3 battery charger, and the remote is the same as the A2S.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: ben price
Welcome! I have a Mini 2 as a backup to my Air 2s and for travel when space is an issue. I've flown it a fair amount and have never had any issues. I've also pushed the wind limits and am amazed at how well it handles it. Just keep your updates current and remember to power it up once on each battery after each update as the batteries sometimes get updates, as well.

...remember to power it up once on each battery after each update as the batteries sometimes get updates, as well...

That's a good point to remember with DJI Smart Batteries. It won't stop you from flying but will pop up a "Firmware Mismatch" on the Go app...might raise your eyebrows onsite if you haven't seen it before. No big deal, just sync the battery with the update and you're good. Whenever I do an update, I power up on each battery after everything is done, just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy