Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hemp Compliance

JDS

Reaction score
Hello all!

I was wondering if any of you use drones for Hemp compliance in your states? I'd be very interested in speaking with you.

AgrowDrone is actively involved in using drones to help farmers grow hemp. AgrowDrone provides equipment (AgrowDrone is an Authorized DJI dealer) with training. For farmers looking for aerial inspections and application services, AgrowDrone has a network of certified pilots who fly under the AgrowDrone FAA 107/137 Exemption.

*Edited by Admin*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JDS
Hello all!

I was wondering if any of you use drones for Hemp compliance in your states? I'd be very interested in speaking with you.
Not really compliance, but crop analysis and R&D.

Reactions: JDS
We are just getting started in Texas with Hemp and we have a long way to go. What items are your clients having the best acceptance of? NDVI, stand counts, Acreage measurements, hydrology?

Yes, all the usual deliverables. Plant count, density, volume, stress areas including weed (other kind) competition, drought, saturation, pest infestations, especially aphids around here, nitrogen and nutrient conditions. A well organized and simple display of results is welcomed. They should have the knowledge to react. But calculated yields and resource savings puts it in perspective.

Attachments

• Hemp photo final-21.jpg
    Hemp photo final-21.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • Hemp photo final-28.jpg
    Hemp photo final-28.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: BigAl07
Deltadave,

For running hemp, what--if any-- lessons were learned vs running standard row crops?

Deltadave,

For running hemp, what--if any-- lessons were learned vs running standard row crops?
Nothing really stands out except we learned that perfectly healthy looking plants showed stress from dense weeds between rows. Normal looking plants were stressed in wide swaths due to competition. That is probably the case for more common crops as well.

Nothing really stands out except we learned that perfectly healthy looking plants showed stress from dense weeds between rows. Normal looking plants were stressed in wide swaths due to competition. That is probably the case for more common crops as well.
Deltadave,

I'm resurrecting this thread after a recent inquiry by a couple of hemp farmers who are wanting to run drones on some 2 ac plots.

They really didn't know what they wanted--they just know drones can help.

I'm not very familiar with the Hemp side of AG. I'm more of a 80+ acres model and row crops.

Are you providing deliverables for this small an acreage? I have a mess of questions if you or anyone else in the hemp industry has the time!

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM