Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hi from Perth, Western Australia

TheEDCZone

Reaction score
Website
www.theedczone.com
Hi all,

Been using my Mavic Pro since late 2017 then I Completed my CASA Certified - Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) in February 2018 and I also have my Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC).

Recently bought the Matrice 210 with the Zenmuse X5s so that I can look at more commercial jobs. Here’s my current inventory:

Matrice 210
Zenmuse X5s (camera)
4x BT-50
7.78” Crystal Sky screen
Condense Remote

DJI Mavic Pro (Fly more pack)
6x Batteries (3x extra batteries)

ICOM Aeronautical Radio
ICOM Mic
Professional Drone Pilot Hi-Vis vest
Drone Ground crew Hi-Vis vest
4x Warning signs
Landing Pad

I have a Survey & Mapping course on the 9/10th June and I am also applying for my Operators Certificate / Chief Pilots Licence (ReOC) so I can run my own business - The EDC Zone - Elevated Drone Control Zone. 9FE87056-B3D5-4DBD-AF5B-F8D3D7DF98D6.jpeg1707AA41-5C09-454A-97C2-09A6A9557D4C.jpegFF7C7892-8135-4C06-A58A-E79FB98CF095.jpeg33E40E6D-DF31-41B1-865C-7830661ADFB1.jpeg

Cheers

Jace

Reactions: rfaaj and dirkclod
Welcome! Nice setup and congrats on all your certs. It is pretty easy to install the bottom dual camera mount if needed.

Thanks mate, It came with the dual gimbal attached, I changed it to the Single as I only have the Zenmuse X5s at this stage, I am looking at the Z30 as it's around the $4200 AUD mark while the XT2 Thermal camera is around the $18,000 AUD Mark not in my budget at this stage. I think I would be more likely to buy the Inspire 2 frame with no camera as the X5s fits it and the Batteries from the Matrice 210 also fit the Inspire 2 and so I will have two good Drones for Aerial Photography and Inspections with one being a back up to the other. My 10 year son will love that as I would retire the Mavic Pro to him lol

Thanks mate, It came with the dual gimbal attached, I changed it to the Single as I only have the Zenmuse X5s at this stage, I am looking at the Z30 as it's around the $4200 AUD mark while the XT2 Thermal camera is around the $18,000 AUD Mark not in my budget at this stage. I think I would be more likely to buy the Inspire 2 frame with no camera as the X5s fits it and the Batteries from the Matrice 210 also fit the Inspire 2 and so I will have two good Drones for Aerial Photography and Inspections with one being a back up to the other. My 10 year son will love that as I would retire the Mavic Pro to him lol

It certainly is easier to use when the camera is mounted in the center for single camera ops on the M210.

It certainly is easier to use when the camera is mounted in the center for single camera ops on the M210.
Yeah, I can only use the Z30 or the XT/XT2 on the second gimbal only, so it is redundant at this stage for me, I have put the camera on the top to test but haven't flown it in the configuration. Taking it out next Tuesday with a mate who has a Typhoon.

Yeah, I can only use the Z30 or the XT/XT2 on the second gimbal only, so it is redundant at this stage for me, I have put the camera on the top to test but haven't flown it in the configuration. Taking it out next Tuesday with a mate who has a Typhoon.

It will be interesting to see a comparison with the Typhoon.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: TheEDCZone
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Based, unfortunately at this stage its all recreational for me. RePL is a bit pricey at for me at the moment unless I could guarantee paying it off. So I've just been doing flights outside no fly zones. Anyway , Kalamunda.

Reactions: TheEDCZone
Well I have now been granted my CASA RPA Remote Operators Certificate [ReOC] as of the 28th June 2018. So have moved up a gear with some Branded Uniform and new biz cards hoping to really start promoting myself with in the Wellard area and south of the River here in Perth.

If anyone is based in Perth and want to catch up for a fly let me know.

Cheers

Jace

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.20.40 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.20.40 pm.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6192.JPG
    IMG_6192.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6186.JPG
    IMG_6186.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1