Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

How often do you see someone flying a drone?

aerialimagery

Reaction score
Besides yourself or someone working with you, how often do you see a drone flying around?

For me, it's very rare. In the year I have owned my drone one day I saw someone in town flying a Mavic. I spoke with him briefly and learned that he also has an Inspiration. Another time I saw one flying briefly during the demolition of a building int town. I've seen another drone flying only two times.

Same - very rare. I was leaving a park one day after practice flying when I saw a guy flying a Phantom in the field next to us. Other than that, I can't really recall seeing any, other than my own.

It varies but the area I live in has been an R/C Aviation community for many years so we saw "Drones" here a few years before they became main stream. I see someone flying (usually hobby) a few times a week (at least 1x) and commercially I've seen maybe 6 in various towns I've worked in.

Just once this summer. I was in my yard doing some chores and I heard the distinct buzz I know so well of a Phantom. Searched the sky and spotted one flying at about 300 ft AGL past my house.

Once, over a concert, at night. Not sure how they got away with that, but nobody with authority probably asked either.

I was in a golf tournament a few years ago where the event staff had one flying over the course. At work a couple times, our R&D folks playing around. Besides that, never.

Besides yourself or someone working with you, how often do you see a drone flying around?

For me, it's very rare. In the year I have owned my drone one day I saw someone in town flying a Mavic. I spoke with him briefly and learned that he also has an Inspiration. Another time I saw one flying briefly during the demolition of a building int town. I've seen another drone flying only two times.
Was walking past a construction site in Tarzana, ca, yesterday, and they were using an I1. Last year, saw a guy walking around lower Manhattan, NYC,with a phantom, but he had it in a case, not deployed. That's been it,. Agree its pretty rare to just run into someone flying a drone, except for known locations/airfields.

I”ve never seen one in my area, thus me beginning my business. During my initial discussions with local businesses some informed me “Oh yeah, we have a drone.” But I never see it. Even the PD/FD stated the same but I left them both a card and said I would do whatever I could to help them get started. Took a few months but they’ve both called and we’ve had some sit-downs to get started.

Our OEM group has one and I was told “It sits on a file cabinet like a trophy”.

The only other drone I've seen flying that didn't belong to me, my brother or a couple of coworkers was a Mavic that just popped up and hovered right beside my P4 at a town parade at which I was taking some photos. It didn't stay long, then took off and I never found out who or where the operator was. I have had a fair number of people recognize what I was doing and ask questions when I was working--especially on roof inspections.

I've seen a couple, usually just Mavics around beaches. Sometimes i catch myself thinking "the whizzing sound kinda ruins the nature," then I remember I fly an Inspire...

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905