Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

How old are you and are you Part 107 Certified ?

What is your age group and are you Part 107 Certified

• Under 30 - Not 107 Certified

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under 30 -107 Certified

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 30 - 40 - Not 107 Certified

• 30-40 - 107 Certified

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 40 - 50 - Not 107 Certified

• 40 - 50 - 107 Certified

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 50 - 60 - Not 107 Certified

• 50 - 60 - 107 Certified

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 60 & Above - Not 107 Certified

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 60 & Above - 107 Certified

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mavic Mac

Reaction score
In some of the threads the discussion of age of the PIC has been brought up and if the PIC was Part 107 Certified or not. Well here is your opportunity to to help give us an idea of who is and isn't.

49y/o and Part 107 (via Part 61) since August 2016. Section 333 prior to that and have been flying sUAS since 1974.

Reactions: tleedom
Interesting, 80% of us in the senior or almost senior category, that does surprise me. I thought more of the younger crowd would be jumping on this band wagon. I'm 71 and can still pass my FAA medical.

Interesting age and certification spread. I too would have thought it would have favored younger people.

Not surprising at all. When I was qualifying operators for a position I found that 4 out of 5 respondents with any significant experience were 55 or older. Interestingly, of those that projected confidence in their ability, at least 50% had experience in either RC aero modeling or full scale aviation.

I’m 67, commercially rated since 1988, and obtained the 107 within a month of it’s incorporation into law.

I too, was shocked to see the vast majority of 107 certified drone pilots were the older set. I have my suspicions for why this is.

37 year old here. being doing this since before it was a fad. I'm killing it now that all the christmas and hopeful 100k+ salary people have dropped out of the market.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
I too, was shocked to see the vast majority of 107 certified drone pilots were the older set. I have my suspicions for why this is.

Ever notice how the younger crowd tends to consume every minute of their waking day with some activity or “necessary” pursuit? Combine a little more “free” time with more “disposable” income and we might have much of the answer.

There’s also the patience factor, something that increases with age, life experience, and maturity.

Look at who the Hams are, who the people involved with Races, Red Cross and other volunteers... majority are retired and looking for socially responsible volunteer opportunities. So few younger people are interested in these pursuits, getting a 107 is probably the same.

Thanks for all that have responded - poll is open for a couple of more days. I was going to do a 70 & above but ran out of the number of allowed options.

45 and Part 107 certified. Trying to start programs for my emergency service agencies. (Fire, Police and hazmat.) Yeah I do it all. Anyway I don't want to offend anyone but the numbers may be distorted. As the retired guys are the ones on the forums. Hopefully the younger group is out there getting it done. Anyway - I am on the forum to take in the knowledge that you veterans can offer. I learned a long time ago the value of the "seasoned" professional. (Retired or not a great source of information.) Most of you guys have already made the mistakes and I love to learn from you. On that note I want to say thanks to you guys for being here. I would be lost without your knowledge and experience.

Reactions: SanCap and BigAl07
45 and Part 107 certified. Trying to start programs for my emergency service agencies. (Fire, Police and hazmat.) Yeah I do it all. Anyway I don't want to offend anyone but the numbers may be distorted. As the retired guys are the ones on the forums. Hopefully the younger group is out there getting it done. Anyway - I am on the forum to take in the knowledge that you veterans can offer. I learned a long time ago the value of the "seasoned" professional. (Retired or not a great source of information.) Most of you guys have already made the mistakes and I love to learn from you. On that note I want to say thanks to you guys for being here. I would be lost without your knowledge and experience.
Never sit next to an electric fence and drink an entire 12 pack .

The now discontinued Myth Busters TV show did a segment covering urinating on an electric fence. The results were surprising, with the flow rate influencing the likelihood of getting shocked. Turns out those with prostate or weak bladder issues might get away with it but the youthful group with a flow like a race horse are doomed.

The now discontinued Myth Busters TV show did a segment covering urinating on an electric fence. The results were surprising, with the flow rate influencing the likelihood of getting shocked. Turns out those with prostate or weak bladder issues might get away with it but the youthful group with a flow like a race horse are doomed.
Guess they could use this instead of a PSA test ?

On the ranch the family had several electric fences, they let me learn about electric fences the hard way. Never did urinate on one though, but they do hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905