Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

I hope this will help us...

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
First off, the post is not about self-indulgence, grand standing, or ego boosting, but it is about opening up doors for all of us to build a business in a unique industry.

We all strive to scratch as much sUAS work as we can and that we all believe in the benefits of these flying machine in helping companies to be more efficient, increase their employee safety and ROI, and also reduce their liability.

Any how, just yesterday I was interviewed for an article in a nationally known monthly wine publication. I was well prepared for this interview since I've had over 3 years of being in front of a camera and/or in front of people talking about sUAS. This writer apparently sat through my presentation during a Facilities Expo and in his words, was intrigued and impress. Not knowing he was in the audience, he managed to track me down to see if I was interested in the article.

For some winery background, growing wine grapes are a multi-billion dollar industry. These plants are very sensitive to the environment and also how they are treated. Each vineyard has their own secret sauce or plant they use to provide a consistent product to their customer, that is why they spend a lot on money to care for their crops. now back to my story.

The questioning were all based on my presentation in the utilization of both sUAS and the sensors it carries. So fast forward to my point. The interviewer asked me, aside from the benefits of these sensors the sUAS can carry (RGB, Thermal, LiDAR, Multi-Spectral), how do wine growers who doesn't want to have their own drone operations and expense, do the things I've mentioned. I responded back with the following:

1) the wine grower needs to understand, that the quality of the deliverable that the operator will reflect on their pricing. Which means cheap price = cheap quality.

2) the grower should interview the operator. Not only on what they will do or offer, but also how they would conduct their work (i.e. SOW), and provide samples of work (which may not be from a vineyard but more on inspections or modeling).

3) the operator should also provide their flight log and provide details of their experience in flight operations.

So now, with the help of this article, I hope it would open some door for vineyards across the US to be educated on what they don't know, and give sUAS operations a try, and for us to benefit our business pursuits.

but it is about opening up doors for all of us to build a business in a unique industry.

This is so good, we all need to share our experiences unconditional, we should all embrace the success of others to become better ourselves.

I found a definition of "Outta Control"

"Entrepreneurship is at the core of the American dream. It's about blazing new trails, about believing in yourself, your mission and inspiring others to join you in the journey. What sets entrepreneurs apart is the will, courage and sometimes recklessness to actually do it." – Derek Hutson, CEO of Datical

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM