Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

I2 Raw Capture Rates

Adzphoto

Reaction score
Hello. Have a question about rates I’m flying the I2 with an x5s, without DNG license. Just had a request from a client to capture in raw. As I don’t have the license or SSD’s/reader, so on, so on...it’s going to be fairly expensive to upgrade the I2. Want to check and see what other pilots are doing, is this typically an addition charge when the client request Raw capture?

It is quite a more involved. I don’t bother with DNG raw but prefer ProRes. Expect an exponential increase in data quantity. You do benefit in quality by quite a margin and can push colours aggressively in grading if you need to. We always capture in ProRes but only provide it if the client knows what it’s for and we then may additionally charge for it.

Adzphoto
Do not know if you are using a pc or Mac .
In this link is one option to consider . I found this due to the fact that I use pc and wanted to edit with prores .
If you are on a pc , this should be able to offer you some affordable flexibility .
It may work on a Mac as well .
Using this software , I can capture in compressed form and encode to a lossless , high quality format .
It is free , that is why I believe it will be worth your time to research and decide if this option is for you .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM