Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Look! (Yawn) another Mavic

I know it's unpopular opinion....but the MA2 looks alright to me! Sure it's a toy and they could have done better with the camera...but it's entry level, y'all...

I don't see myself buying another Chinese made drone. I believe more contracts will specifically forbid them. Probably a good opportunity for an American company.

Reactions: R Martin
I don't see myself buying another Chinese made drone. I believe more contracts will specifically forbid them. Probably a good opportunity for an American company.
What American company makes drones? I'd be interested for sure. I like to keep my money as close to home as possible.

I don’t understand why everybody thinks Autel is a US company. They are as Chinese as DJI!

They do have support and marketing in their US based subsidiary, but they are 100% Chinese

Unfortunately true.... and IMO the closest rival to DJI for "pro-sumer" drones.

Reactions: Advexure
I don’t understand why everybody thinks Autel is a US company. They are as Chinese as DJI!

They do have support and marketing in their US based subsidiary, but they are 100% Chinese

Yepp, the EVO II aircraft is still manufactured in China, while with the EVO II Dual model final assembly does take place up in Bothell, WA and of course the FLIR 640 sensor is made here in the US by FLIR. We've been very happy with the the EVO II Dual's capabilities being a small, quick-deploy aircraft with a 640 Boson sensor. This platform has been a great fit for many agencies who want to get into higher res thermal without having to get into an XT or XT2 + invest $5-10k in an airframe to carry the payload. The Dual enables a <$10k investment which has filled a great void in the market.

evoiidual-jpg.6995

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy